Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 50,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Micro SIM Larger than 32KB - 500 Contact Limit?

Tip us?

gd761
Old
(Last edited by gd761; 25th January 2014 at 12:36 PM.) Reason: Wrong Info in Header.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question Micro SIM Larger than 32KB - 500 Contact Limit?

My Header is Wrong. Sorry for that. It Should be;

"Micro SIM Larger than 32KB - 250 Contact Limit?"

I have a Sprint HTC ONE MAX with a Lot More than 250 Contacts.

I'm looking to find a Micro SIM that's Larger than 32KB in size so I can have More than 250 Contact Limit.

I remember when people who had Phones way back, had More than 1,000 and 2 People I used to know had over 2,500 Contacts on their Phones.

I'm looking for a Micro SIM that will have More than 250 Contact Limit that will NOT make My Phone work ANY DIFFERENTLY than it's working right now.

Anyone with Good Information as to What Micro SIM that I can get and where to get it, Please let Me and Anyone Else that Reads This Post know as well. And Thank You for the Information that You can Provide to Us All.

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Can I ask why you dont just keep your contacts in one of your google accounts? You could even create a new empty one if you want to keep it separate. One bad move and that sim could die and no replacement will get them back. Just wondering.
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11

gd761
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
Can I ask why you dont just keep your contacts in one of your google accounts? You could even create a new empty one if you want to keep it separate. One bad move and that sim could die and no replacement will get them back. Just wondering.

That's all well fine and dandy if I started out with Android from the begining, but I moved from Windows Phone 8 and trying to sync them with Google has Screwed them All up. So much so that I had to Delete them All and Re Enter them All. But I was Not able to Edit about Half of them, so Ihad to Delete them again and bring My Windows Phone and My HTC ONE MAX into a Sprint Service Center to have them transferred over.

Any other way other than that, Totally Screws them up.

That's why I want to back them up to a SIM Card.

fkr99
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd761 View Post
That's all well fine and dandy if I started out with Android from the begining, but I moved from Windows Phone 8 and trying to sync them with Google has Screwed them All up. So much so that I had to Delete them All and Re Enter them All. But I was Not able to Edit about Half of them, so Ihad to Delete them again and bring My Windows Phone and My HTC ONE MAX into a Sprint Service Center to have them transferred over.

Any other way other than that, Totally Screws them up.

That's why I want to back them up to a SIM Card.
1. export to sd card
2. start new gmail account and import them to test (you should be able to send that vcard by email and gmail will recognize it)
3. BU that file

It is just one of many ways, I do tech support for cellphones there is always another way.

the problem with sim cards is that they keep changing sizes over time the vcard is the best way, you can always outlook as a BU also.

gd761
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I'm NOT looking to back up to; Micro SD, Outlook, or Google.

As I said before, My Contacts get Screwed Up, some I CAN'T Edit, and others are just WRONG! Wrong Person pops up in Caller ID and or Wrong Person is Called when Selecting the Contact from the People Tab - Phonebook.

And if trying to copy to SIM Card of 32KB 250 Contact Limit, the rest of My Contacts are NOT copied at all past the 250th contact.

PLEASE READ ALL of My Post and take it All into Consideration as if it were YOUR PROBLEM AS WELL. And being Your Problem as well, see what Solutions can be done with Finding a Compatible SIM Card for the HTC ONE, & HTC ONE MAX both on Sprint.

fkr99
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I'm NOT looking to back up to; Micro SD, Outlook, or Google.

As I said before, My Contacts get Screwed Up, some I CAN'T Edit, and others are just WRONG! Wrong Person pops up in Caller ID and or Wrong Person is Called when Selecting the Contact from the People Tab - Phonebook.

And if trying to copy to SIM Card of 32KB 250 Contact Limit, the rest of My Contacts are NOT copied at all past the 250th contact.

PLEASE READ ALL of My Post and take it All into Consideration as if it were YOUR PROBLEM AS WELL. And being Your Problem as well, see what Solutions can be done with Finding a Compatible SIM Card for the HTC ONE, & HTC ONE MAX both on Sprint.

well best of luck with that, all sim cards no matter there capacity have a max contact capacity of 250 contacts.

SIM cards can come in various data capacities, from 32 KB to at least 128 KB. All allow a maximum of 250 contacts to be stored on the SIM, but while the 32 KB has room for 33 Mobile Network Codes (MNCs) or "network identifiers", the 64 KB version has room for 80 MNCs

the sim card is not for contact storage it is for connecting your phone to the network. I do know many other ways to get your contacts in a perfect format that is preservable and duplicable.

looks like you will have to go to apple. best of luck.

btw you are kinda rude considering you are asking for help, I did read all of your posts but I assumed that maybe you would do your own reading (learn how to at least use wikipedia) which would have informed you that those are the limitations off a 1991 technology.

There is one other way to use your SIM but I would rather you just not have the ability to communicate.

unsubscribe

gd761
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkr99 View Post
well best of luck with that, all sim cards no matter there capacity have a max contact capacity of 250 contacts.

SIM cards can come in various data capacities, from 32 KB to at least 128 KB. All allow a maximum of 250 contacts to be stored on the SIM, but while the 32 KB has room for 33 Mobile Network Codes (MNCs) or "network identifiers", the 64 KB version has room for 80 MNCs

the sim card is not for contact storage it is for connecting your phone to the network. I do know many other ways to get your contacts in a perfect format that is preservable and duplicable.

looks like you will have to go to apple. best of luck.

btw you are kinda rude considering you are asking for help, I did read all of your posts but I assumed that maybe you would do your own reading (learn how to at least use wikipedia) which would have informed you that those are the limitations off a 1991 technology.

There is one other way to use your SIM but I would rather you just not have the ability to communicate.

unsubscribe

I have read the answers and tried them to no avail. I know that there are SIM Cards out there Larger than 32KB that hold More than 250 Contacts.

str8upx
Old
(Last edited by str8upx; 3rd February 2014 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,312
Quote:
My Header is Wrong. Sorry for that. It Should be;

"Micro SIM Larger than 32KB - 250 Contact Limit?"
As others have stated SIM Cards are not suitable for storing contacts period. If they were, however, the only place to get one
would be from Sprint (in your case)

Since you have already imported most/some of your SIM data to your Google/Gmail account I would suggest going to:
https://www.google.com/contacts/ from a PC or laptop and editing the data there. Its a thousand times easier then doing
it from within Android. This is also the only real way to truly delete contacts from the google ecosystem. It may take some
time but once your done you will never have to worry about it again and any contacts you add or edit from you phone will
be synced up.

|| Zumocast Apk: http://goo.gl/Fp2eB | 50GB Box.net Account: http://goo.gl/DcVD1
||
The Following User Says Thank You to str8upx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Medulla
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yeah, I agree with str8upx here. Don't bother trying to manage contact data from within the phone itself as that's a massive pain; login to your Google account from an actual computer and do it that way. Not only is it much easier but you'll be able to delete/update whatever you want with no limitation. Also, if you're coming from a Windows Phone you've presumably got all your contact data in a Hotmail/Outlook.com account and there are relatively easy ways to export from there and import to Google using an actual PC so there's little manual effort required on your part:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12118?hl=en