FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Premium play does not work on xoom

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By _MrFrankie, Junior Member on 3rd February 2014, 11:31 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hello I installed the cm - 11-20140131 - UNOFFICIAL - 1755 +0100- everest on my xoom , just that every time you start telling me that there is an update available, but it is the same that I have installed .

2 any of you are able to run this app : Premium Play ( like SkyGo ) only with root permissions does not work , for anyone who wants to can send you the link .

3 there is a way to reboot the tablet into recovery without the use of physical buttons ?

thanks
sorry for my english
 
 
3rd February 2014, 01:10 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MrFrankie

there is a way to reboot the tablet into recovery without the use of physical buttons?

Two options:

Go to Settings --> About Tablet, scroll down to Build number and tap it 7 or so tines to enable Developer options. In Developer options, make sure the box beside "Advanced reboot menu" is checked. Once you do that, if you hold the power button down, you'll see your normal power down options, but when you tap "Reboot", you'll have multiple options. Tap "Recovery", make sure the radio box beside it is highlighted, and reboot.

If your power button doesn't work, you'll have to set up ADB (there are entire threads dedicated to that - search and read carefully). Once you have ADB set up, go back into Settings --> Developer options and make sure USB debugging is checked. Connect your Xoom to your computer via a USB data cable, open a command prompt on your computer in the directory where adb is located (typically in SDK --> platform_tools) and enter the following commands:

adb devices (press return/enter and wait to make sure it recognizes your tablet - it will give you a random-looking number and say connected if everything is set up properly)

adb reboot recovery (press return/enter and your tablet should reboot, at which point you can disconnect it).

Hope that helps!


Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
3rd February 2014, 01:52 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
1535 9966982
Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher

Two options:

Go to Settings --> About Tablet, scroll down to Build number and tap it 7 or so tines to enable Developer options. In Developer options, make sure the box beside "Advanced reboot menu" is checked. Once you do that, if you hold the power button down, you'll see your normal power down options, but when you tap "Reboot", you'll have multiple options. Tap "Recovery", make sure the radio box beside it is highlighted, and reboot.

If your power button doesn't work, you'll have to set up ADB (there are entire threads dedicated to that - search and read carefully). Once you have ADB set up, go back into Settings --> Developer options and make sure USB debugging is checked. Connect your Xoom to your computer via a USB data cable, open a command prompt on your computer in the directory where adb is located (typically in SDK --> platform_tools) and enter the following commands:

adb devices (press return/enter and wait to make sure it recognizes your tablet - it will give you a random-looking number and say connected if everything is set up properly)

adb reboot recovery (press return/enter and your tablet should reboot, at which point you can disconnect it).

Hope that helps!


Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

thanks! it worked the first option
know how to disable the root and then re-enable it ?
Last edited by _MrFrankie; 3rd February 2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: error
5th February 2014, 09:36 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MrFrankie

thanks! it worked the first option
know how to disable the root and then re-enable it ?

how do the unroot?

or how to uninstall superuser (that is native to CM11 rom)??

thanks
5th February 2014, 01:24 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MrFrankie

how do the unroot?

or how to uninstall superuser (that is native to CM11 rom)??

thanks

It's built into the rom. You'd have to remove it from the zip file using 7Zip before you flashed it. Why would you want to remove it?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
5th February 2014, 02:18 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher

It's built into the rom. You'd have to remove it from the zip file using 7Zip before you flashed it. Why would you want to remove it?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

I have to remove the root because the play premium app does not work with the active root.

which files are to be deleted?? (Superuser)
Last edited by _MrFrankie; 5th February 2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes