Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Premium play does not work on xoom

3rd February 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
More
hello I installed the cm - 11-20140131 - UNOFFICIAL - 1755 +0100- everest on my xoom , just that every time you start telling me that there is an update available, but it is the same that I have installed .

2 any of you are able to run this app : Premium Play ( like SkyGo ) only with root permissions does not work , for anyone who wants to can send you the link .

3 there is a way to reboot the tablet into recovery without the use of physical buttons ?

thanks
sorry for my english
3rd February 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 66

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MrFrankie

there is a way to reboot the tablet into recovery without the use of physical buttons?

Two options:

Go to Settings --> About Tablet, scroll down to Build number and tap it 7 or so tines to enable Developer options. In Developer options, make sure the box beside "Advanced reboot menu" is checked. Once you do that, if you hold the power button down, you'll see your normal power down options, but when you tap "Reboot", you'll have multiple options. Tap "Recovery", make sure the radio box beside it is highlighted, and reboot.

If your power button doesn't work, you'll have to set up ADB (there are entire threads dedicated to that - search and read carefully). Once you have ADB set up, go back into Settings --> Developer options and make sure USB debugging is checked. Connect your Xoom to your computer via a USB data cable, open a command prompt on your computer in the directory where adb is located (typically in SDK --> platform_tools) and enter the following commands:

adb devices (press return/enter and wait to make sure it recognizes your tablet - it will give you a random-looking number and say connected if everything is set up properly)

adb reboot recovery (press return/enter and your tablet should reboot, at which point you can disconnect it).

Hope that helps!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
3rd February 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roma

18 posts
More
1535 9966982
Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher

Two options:

Go to Settings --> About Tablet, scroll down to Build number and tap it 7 or so tines to enable Developer options. In Developer options, make sure the box beside "Advanced reboot menu" is checked. Once you do that, if you hold the power button down, you'll see your normal power down options, but when you tap "Reboot", you'll have multiple options. Tap "Recovery", make sure the radio box beside it is highlighted, and reboot.

If your power button doesn't work, you'll have to set up ADB (there are entire threads dedicated to that - search and read carefully). Once you have ADB set up, go back into Settings --> Developer options and make sure USB debugging is checked. Connect your Xoom to your computer via a USB data cable, open a command prompt on your computer in the directory where adb is located (typically in SDK --> platform_tools) and enter the following commands:

adb devices (press return/enter and wait to make sure it recognizes your tablet - it will give you a random-looking number and say connected if everything is set up properly)

adb reboot recovery (press return/enter and your tablet should reboot, at which point you can disconnect it).

Hope that helps!

thanks! it worked the first option
know how to disable the root and then re-enable it ?
Last edited by _MrFrankie; 3rd February 2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: error
5th February 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roma

18 posts
More
Quote:

thanks! it worked the first option
know how to disable the root and then re-enable it ?

how do the unroot?

or how to uninstall superuser (that is native to CM11 rom)??

thanks
5th February 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 66

150 posts
More
Quote:

how do the unroot?

or how to uninstall superuser (that is native to CM11 rom)??

thanks

It's built into the rom. You'd have to remove it from the zip file using 7Zip before you flashed it. Why would you want to remove it?

5th February 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Roma

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher

It's built into the rom. You'd have to remove it from the zip file using 7Zip before you flashed it. Why would you want to remove it?

I have to remove the root because the play premium app does not work with the active root.

which files are to be deleted?? (Superuser)
Last edited by _MrFrankie; 5th February 2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread