XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Premium play does not work on xoom

Tip us?

_MrFrankie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Premium play does not work on xoom

hello I installed the cm - 11-20140131 - UNOFFICIAL - 1755 +0100- everest on my xoom , just that every time you start telling me that there is an update available, but it is the same that I have installed .

2 any of you are able to run this app : Premium Play ( like SkyGo ) only with root permissions does not work , for anyone who wants to can send you the link .

3 there is a way to reboot the tablet into recovery without the use of physical buttons ?

thanks
sorry for my english

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MrFrankie View Post
there is a way to reboot the tablet into recovery without the use of physical buttons?
Two options:

Go to Settings --> About Tablet, scroll down to Build number and tap it 7 or so tines to enable Developer options. In Developer options, make sure the box beside "Advanced reboot menu" is checked. Once you do that, if you hold the power button down, you'll see your normal power down options, but when you tap "Reboot", you'll have multiple options. Tap "Recovery", make sure the radio box beside it is highlighted, and reboot.

If your power button doesn't work, you'll have to set up ADB (there are entire threads dedicated to that - search and read carefully). Once you have ADB set up, go back into Settings --> Developer options and make sure USB debugging is checked. Connect your Xoom to your computer via a USB data cable, open a command prompt on your computer in the directory where adb is located (typically in SDK --> platform_tools) and enter the following commands:

adb devices (press return/enter and wait to make sure it recognizes your tablet - it will give you a random-looking number and say connected if everything is set up properly)

adb reboot recovery (press return/enter and your tablet should reboot, at which point you can disconnect it).

Hope that helps!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

_MrFrankie
Old
(Last edited by _MrFrankie; 3rd February 2014 at 02:04 PM.) Reason: error
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 1535 9966982

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
Two options:

Go to Settings --> About Tablet, scroll down to Build number and tap it 7 or so tines to enable Developer options. In Developer options, make sure the box beside "Advanced reboot menu" is checked. Once you do that, if you hold the power button down, you'll see your normal power down options, but when you tap "Reboot", you'll have multiple options. Tap "Recovery", make sure the radio box beside it is highlighted, and reboot.

If your power button doesn't work, you'll have to set up ADB (there are entire threads dedicated to that - search and read carefully). Once you have ADB set up, go back into Settings --> Developer options and make sure USB debugging is checked. Connect your Xoom to your computer via a USB data cable, open a command prompt on your computer in the directory where adb is located (typically in SDK --> platform_tools) and enter the following commands:

adb devices (press return/enter and wait to make sure it recognizes your tablet - it will give you a random-looking number and say connected if everything is set up properly)

adb reboot recovery (press return/enter and your tablet should reboot, at which point you can disconnect it).

Hope that helps!

thanks! it worked the first option
know how to disable the root and then re-enable it ?

_MrFrankie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
thanks! it worked the first option
know how to disable the root and then re-enable it ?
how do the unroot?

or how to uninstall superuser (that is native to CM11 rom)??

thanks

webeougher
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
how do the unroot?

or how to uninstall superuser (that is native to CM11 rom)??

thanks
It's built into the rom. You'd have to remove it from the zip file using 7Zip before you flashed it. Why would you want to remove it?

_MrFrankie
Old
(Last edited by _MrFrankie; 5th February 2014 at 06:09 PM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
It's built into the rom. You'd have to remove it from the zip file using 7Zip before you flashed it. Why would you want to remove it?

I have to remove the root because the play premium app does not work with the active root.

which files are to be deleted?? (Superuser)