What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] How to upgrade to 4.4.2 on N9005 without tripping Knox and keep root?

5th February 2014, 01:33 PM |#1  
Snake-Plissken's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 65
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Donate to Me
More
I am currently on Android 4.3 and everything is stock. I am rooted and also have knox 0x0.

I would like to keep it that way and want to upgrade to KitKat...

What is the best way to do it? I want to have root again, once i am upgraded....

Any advice? I saw many threads on upgrading but all involve flashing through custom recovery and such things, which will trip knox...
 
 
5th February 2014, 01:44 PM |#2  
Pierre118's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 177
 
512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Plissken

I am currently on Android 4.3 and everything is stock. I am rooted and also have knox 0x0.

I would like to keep it that way and want to upgrade to KitKat...

What is the best way to do it? I want to have root again, once i am upgraded....

Any advice? I saw many threads on upgrading but all involve flashing through custom recovery and such things, which will trip knox...

This will work for you : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=488
5th February 2014, 02:14 PM |#3  
Snake-Plissken's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 65
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre118

This will work for you : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=488

do you have a link to the full thread?
5th February 2014, 02:16 PM |#4  
Pierre118's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 177
 
512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Plissken

do you have a link to the full thread?

you can reach the full thread by clicking the link ( top, on the right)
5th February 2014, 02:30 PM |#5  
Snake-Plissken's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 65
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Donate to Me
More
well cant try this method, because i cant download the firmware from sammobile without paying a subscription fee.
5th February 2014, 02:38 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
523 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Plissken

well cant try this method, because i cant download the firmware from sammobile without paying a subscription fee.

Try samsung updates live. It's the same as sammobile
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes