How to set Airplane Mode for 4.2 .... with MacroDroid
Since 4.2 all the apps that could toggle Airplane Mode do no longer work. For those who want to save battery by automatically setting Airplane modes there are workarounds.
Here is one (for rooted devices) with MacroDroid (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1694335
), which can do a lot of other things of course:
1. You download and install from the market
- Macrodroid - to set the "Triggers" like time of day;
- SecureSettings - for actually setting Airplane Modes as requested by Macrodroid
When installing SecureSettings you go to "SYSTEM+" and enable the System+ Module.
2. start MacroDroid and create a new macro (the "plus" sign);
select a Trigger, normally the "Day/Time Trigger"; set your days and time of the day for setting Airplane Mode;
select "SecureActions"; - "System+ Actions"; - "Airplane Mode"- "On" -
save by hitting the SD-Card-Symbol twice; add more actions and /or constraints if you like;
name your macro: You are done!
3. Create a macro to end Airplane mode in the morning;
4. Enjoy a calm night.