5,598,086 Members 41,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] PureX Audio (v3.0)

Tip us?

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 863
I used to have the Note 2 and while it was better (when running Viper4Android) it was never as good as the Xperia is now with this mod and one of those FiiO amps. Cheap amp that makes wonders. I never listened to music for so many hours straight at home...that is my best proof

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

dannejanne
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
I used to have the Note 2 and while it was better (when running Viper4Android) it was never as good as the Xperia is now with this mod and one of those FiiO amps. Cheap amp that makes wonders. I never listened to music for so many hours straight at home...that is my best proof
I just updated to the latest 4.3 update today, and they have done something with the sound in the phone. The EQ no longer destroys the sound as it did on the previous firmware. It was very obvious before the destruction of the sound as soon as you touched any parameter in the EQ but not now. Now it actually does what it's meant to do. So I'm a happier camper here now actually. Still not as dynamic but the little muffled sound can be fixed while being pure stock now

Reb0rn
Old
Thanks Meter 723

DONATE TO ME
Does it work on GPE ROM?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

shaolin95
Old
(Last edited by shaolin95; 3rd February 2014 at 09:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 863
How can you confirm that this is working?

I mean, I had my Custom already set to some settings and after flashing it stayed the same way and I cannot tell if it sounds any different after the mod.

"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

TheMathMan
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
Hi, can you recommend a good FiiO?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
Devices: HTC One / Galaxy Note 10.1
ROMs: Android Revolution 10.2 / Android Revolution 7

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 863
Depends on your needs. If you want the smallest then E6 for sure but I am happier with the E11 and dont mind the extra size and prefer the sound of the E11 myself.
Of course there are others if you want to have a DAC not just amp like the E17.