[Q+Challenge] Import contacts AND groups locally on non-rooted units
- I need to import contacts and groups to 20 brand new phones, to begin with. (Stock, non-rooted Galaxy S4+, 4.2.2.). The phones will stay un-rooted.
- Avoid if possible using Gmail sync.
- Avoid if possible using Kies.
- Preferably use csv and/or vcf with groups (one group for each department).
- Preferably not being forced to connect every phone to a computer by usb cable. Fixable by download from web site on local wireless network.
What I've tried so far:
- Imported the original CSV:s, sorted them into groups, exported them as CSV to get the correct columns for android phones. So far so good.
- Exported above mentioned CSV:s to VCF from a Google Contacts, sent it over to test phone by Pushbullet (for the test only, web site solution imminent), imported it in Contacts. Does not retain groups, shows as "Not assigned". It doesn't seem possible to create local groups? They can only be created with accounts such as gmail. (As I see it, this is my main problem now).
- Tried Google Account sync: Problem not solved due to one single Google account, and one Google account on all phones are susceptible to contact deletion by fat fingers and people that are struck by bad luck while thinking. One Google account for each phone would do the trick, but probably not an accepted solution by our IT security "manager", even when using Google Auth.
- Tried Kies Sync: Problem not solved due to USB connection, and still no local groups.
- Tried Importing CSV file into Windows Contacts (which ****s up the columns, not all are matchable) and exporting as VCF. Problem not solved, no groups.
There's talk about a Blackberry Security server being used as a security server for the units, not sure what implication that will bring. I assume it will be something like the (old/obsolete?) Samsung Dive service. What possibilities that brings for account synchronization is unclear, but the solution is at best 1-2 months away and this solution is needed a.s.a.p.
I hope there's something I've forgotten that would solve my problems and I hope someone can point me in that directions. I'm running out of options..