Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New kitkat sticky???

Tip us?

jamesb85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default New kitkat sticky???

Is it that time for a moderator to post a 4.4 related sticky including all the updated methods and apps ( SELinux enabled twrp for one) I just figured it would reduce a lot of redundant posts. Even though I agree people should read the @#$%ing OP's in every thread... Maybe a sticky would get their attention since OP's apparently aren't? Just a suggestion. Im probably just rambling..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7599

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb85 View Post
Is it that time for a moderator to post a 4.4 related sticky including all the updated methods and apps ( SELinux enabled twrp for one) I just figured it would reduce a lot of redundant posts. Even though I agree people should read the @#$%ing OP's in every thread... Maybe a sticky would get their attention since OP's apparently aren't? Just a suggestion. Im probably just rambling..

They don't read the OP why would they read a sticky lol

Sent from my HTC?

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

orangekid
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3004
Moved out of Dev into Q&A.

If such a thread does not exist in General or Q&A or Dev and you want to post up a really good collection and keep up with it, then we might look at making it a sticky.

jamesb85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
They don't read the OP why would they read a sticky lol

Sent from my HTC?
Too true!! Shame really..

jamesb85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Moved out of Dev into Q&A.

If such a thread does not exist in General or Q&A or Dev and you want to post up a really good collection and keep up with it, then we might look at making it a sticky.
Hell yeah.. I personally wouldn't consider myself qualified to be writing stickies, as I'm no expert at this stuff. But then again I guess all you have to do is read OPís. The devs do a pretty good job explaining how to install these ROMs safely and properly. I've been installing ROMs no problem since I joined xda. No prior knowledge of coding and/or Linux at all, just a mere power-user of Windows OS. But when I read some of these posts my jaw drops... It makes me feel like an all knowing god of installing ROMs.. Which I'm far from.. Lol. I was inspired to make the initial suggestion of a sticky after reading the 100,000th (sic) post asking which twrp to use for 4.4 KitKat. But it would be in vain as the non researched curiosity of fellow xda posters will continue..

mvmacd
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Actually I think a sticky is a great idea.. I just got this device and when trying to decide what ROM to get, most of the OP didn't specify exactly how to install the ROM.

I tried 1 but it didn't work in twrp, I looked it up on Google and found a post about philz CWM. So I ended up going with cm11 nightly, but yeah..so if anyone out there can't figure out how to install the new roms (SElinux based), use philz cwm. (And don't forget fastboot flash boot boot.img if s-on)
Current devices | Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 (2013),

Previous devices | HTC Evo 4G LTE, Nexus 10, HTC Rezound, Nexus 7, Samsung Fascinate

jamesb85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I personally think people need to start going all the way with s-off if they are going to flash custom ROMs. The current recommended method is rumrunner I believe.

jamesb85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
That will change soon though!! As 4.3 OTA update is coming out soon for us.. Actually... If a sticky was compiled im sure it would be best to wait after the 4.3 update.. As that is obviously the end of the line of updates for the glorious life the Jewel has had since being released..

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
(Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 5th February 2014 at 03:57 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1810

DONATE TO ME
I wouldn't mind putting something together. I was thinking of something that included both TWRP & CWM recovery options, along with links to all the current KK builds for our device.

The biggest issue I've seen is that users don't read (or don't understand) that you specifically have to use a recovery that is SE-Linux enabled, and that the standard TWRP recovery available from Goo or TWRP's site won't work.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE