[Q] NABI2 4.1.1 JB lock screen question - default wallpaper

5th February 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
Hi.

Question on the process to change the default kids mode wallpaper in the lockscreen process on the Nabi2's since moving to Jellybean.

katinatez's excellent process for the lock screen portion works fine:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595695

End result:

I am trying to add a custom wallpaper into the apk when I change the lockscreen.

The file I am targeting is called default_wallpaper_kid.png and it is 1024x552.

The file is located in 2 folders:

framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi

and

framework-res.apk\res\drawable-mdpi

I change these 2 files, recompile and follow the rest of the process as normal. Flash install onto the Nabi2 in TWRP and reboot. I still get the same default blue block kids mode wallpaper.

I've gone back and pulled the framework back off of the Nabi once I did the install and the changed wallpapers are in fact there. I can't figure out where the Nabi is pulling the standard blue block default wallpaper from since I verified that I replaced the files that I thought it should be.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
5th February 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
I should note that I had previously changed the wallpaper during another lock screen install, so I'm stumped as to why I'm not able to change it now. And yes, I could just simply copy the wallpaper over to the Nabi and set it as wallpaper from there but it's bugging me as to why the process isn't working.

Thx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank