Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sd card mount problem

Tip us?

PeterGeorgiou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Question sd card mount problem

Hi guys, I can safely unmount the sd card from my z1 fine. But when I put the sd card back in, the phone does not read it. I have to restart the phone in order to use the sd card again. Any ideas???

Jiyeon90
Old
(Last edited by Jiyeon90; 4th February 2014 at 08:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 141
The Phone has to be turned off when you insert/take out the SD card otherwise you can mess something up

Sent from my Xperia Z1

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyeon90 View Post
The Phone has to be turned off in when you insert/take out the SD card otherwise you can mess something up
I agree with you on this one, this is the safest way but the feature of the card and phone is Plug&Play so it should work too even powered on.

Try this way, reboot the phone with the card insert into it, then click "Unmount SD card", wait until message will appear "now you can remove the card" then a message will be on the phone saying, Card Removed, close all the notifications and go back to menu, wait a minute, insert the card again. Do you read the card?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

PeterGeorgiou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Info 2 thank you

Thank you for the replies I will try again tomorrow as i dont have the phone in front of me at the moment and i will let you know

PeterGeorgiou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
ok guys it must have been a freak of the moment because now it works fine! thank you for the help!

ngvuanh
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I have the same issue with 64GB SDXC and my Z1s. Other cards 32GB or less work fine without reboot.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk
Xperia TL LT30at - Rooted
Xperia Z C6606BK - 10.3.1.A.2.67 - Rooted
Xperia Tablet Z SGP311U1 - Rooted
Xperia Tablet S SGPT121
Tablet S SGPT111

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngvuanh View Post
I have the same issue with 64GB SDXC and my Z1s. Other cards 32GB or less work fine without reboot.
I got 64GB SDXC and I don't have this problems. You just have to follow the steps, close notifications and wait between one process and another to let the phone to read the card.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4