Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked Kindle Fire HD 7"?

Tip us?

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 606

DONATE TO ME
Oh then either that fastboot cable is bad, it's not a fastboot cable, or you are using a kindle fire hd 8.9". When I said fastboot cable, you didn't happen to look it up and see the word factory cable somewhere and think it meant the cable that came with your kindle did you? Sorry if that is a bit insulting but I have to ask, it has happened before.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ToPViP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Oh then either that fastboot cable is bad, it's not a fastboot cable, or you are using a kindle fire hd 8.9". When I said fastboot cable, you didn't happen to look it up and see the word factory cable somewhere and think it meant the cable that came with your kindle did you? Sorry if that is a bit insulting but I have to ask, it has happened before.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
OH, i don't take stuff to serious. don't worry. My kindle is the HD 7" Model # X43Z60. And to be honest. It might not be a Fastboot cable. I know I ordered one when I first root this Kindle with CM10 but then again It might be a regular charging cable.

I guess I'll order another one and give that a try. Hopefully i can get it to work with that. I'll update you when I get it. Is there a specific brand or Cable that you recommend. Or should I just order one from amazon? Thanks

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 606

DONATE TO ME
Eh I don't have much to recommend in terms of fastboot cables, I don't have one personally, but I have the means to make one so just never got one, I'd either recommend skorn's cables or this nifty adapter I've seen floating around, it goes in between a regular cable and the kindle. Lemme see if I can find a post with a link to it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE

ToPViP
Old
(Last edited by ToPViP; 1st February 2014 at 12:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
So the cable came in today. Once I plugged it in. I ran into this situation. I think I'm screwed. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2314715&page=2

and then onto this. I dont think I can actually do this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...391047&page=12

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 606

DONATE TO ME
If it's doing that on again off again fastboot then yea you could have some problems trying to fix that. That other method won,t work on the kindle fire HD 7" per say. Technically it can, but the contact points you need to solder are different and we don't have a pinout of them yet. Try my advice I think I posted in the thread which I recommend doing from Linux, download the boot loader for your device, make sure to check it's md5sum SK we don't make the situation worse, then run from the directory the bootloader file is in while kindle is u plugged and off "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader nameofbootloaderfile" then plug kindle in and pray it will flash in the brief moment it is detected without corrupting the boot loader even further. The boot loader is a small file so I think it's possible it could flash it in that time if you get lucky. Feel free to clarify if your situation is a bit different.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ToPViP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. Then i will give it a try as soon as i get home. Thanks. All or nothing.

ToPViP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update.. FIXED

Fixed.. Thanks for your help.

abhinavsri23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default fire hd bricked

I was installing a new rom in my fire hd and accidently i wiped the full device from recovery.....since then....................
i have got a fastboot cable with me.
When i attach it on my kindle the fastboot screen pops up on fire hd but the comp replies usb device not recognized.
I know the issue is of drivers (but i have installed them).
what to do??

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 606

DONATE TO ME
What windows are you running? If it's windows 8 you will have to disable the driver signature enforcement, but if you wiped the device from recovery then I don't see why you can't just boot back into recovery and push a new ROM to the device.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk