5,601,062 Members 47,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod 11 for S3 mini ?

Tip us?
 
Ibrahim_F
Old
#1  
Ibrahim_F's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 46
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Amman
Default [Q] Cyanogenmod 11 for S3 mini ?

Hey guys i'm just a beginner in roms and cyanogenmod , I have a samsung galaxy SIII mini with android 4.1 and i want to install the new cyanogenmod 11 which is based on Android Kitkat 4.4 <<

my question is
1) do i have to make any update version using software update then install cyanogenmod ..
2) OR just flashing Cyanogenmod 11 will replace the 4.1 with Kitkat 4.4 software ???

I know it's an easy question for you .. thanks
 
eswarvf
Old
(Last edited by eswarvf; 21st January 2014 at 01:12 PM.)
#2  
eswarvf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 441
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: hyderabad
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim_F View Post
Hey guys i'm just a beginner in roms and cyanogenmod , I have a samsung galaxy SIII mini with android 4.1 and i want to install the new cyanogenmod 11 which is based on Android Kitkat 4.4 <<

my question is
1) do i have to make any update version using software update then install cyanogenmod ..
2) OR just flashing Cyanogenmod 11 will replace the 4.1 with Kitkat 4.4 software ???

I know it's an easy question for you .. thanks


Follow this tutorial here before installing cm
You have to install twrp recovery from maclaw
And we don't need to update anything for installing a rom and say hi for rooting
Need some apps from other devices please view this guy's thread
The Following User Says Thank You to eswarvf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Clostry
Old
#3  
Clostry's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Padova
I just give you a hint of what you need, there are lots of guides on this forum just search for them and read carefully

First of all you must know that installing custom ROMs is potentially dangerous, it may brick your phone and it voids your warranty, you do it at your own risk.
Make sure your phone is supported by the software you're going to install, S3 mini aren't all equal, check for model number.
Before installing CM 11 you should install a custom recovery (TWRP from maclaw.pl is recommended for installing kitkat), than you can do a nandroid backup and restore it if something goes wrong, and install custom ROMs very easily.
To flash the custom recovery you need odin in windows (you can find it on maclaw.pl download page) or heimdall in linux. About odin there are lots of tutorials, just search for them, but if you need help with heimdall just ask for it
The Following User Says Thank You to Clostry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
james.faction
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 24
Join Date: Jan 2014
Maclaw has great instructions too on their download page - be sure to download their ODIN version to flash with Odin.

If you google "how to flash custom rom with odin" you can get detailed instructions with pictures, I found this made me a bit more confident with what the hell I was doing

CM11 was great but I found Carbon with CPU management options gave me better battery life
The Following User Says Thank You to james.faction For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
eswarvf
Old
#5  
eswarvf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 112
Posts: 441
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: hyderabad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clostry View Post
I just give you a hint of what you need, there are lots of guides on this forum just search for them and read carefully

First of all you must know that installing custom ROMs is potentially dangerous, it may brick your phone and it voids your warranty, you do it at your own risk.
Make sure your phone is supported by the software you're going to install, S3 mini aren't all equal, check for model number.
Before installing CM 11 you should install a custom recovery (TWRP from maclaw.pl is recommended for installing kitkat), than you can do a nandroid backup and restore it if something goes wrong, and install custom ROMs very easily.
To flash the custom recovery you need odin in windows (you can find it on maclaw.pl download page) or heimdall in linux. About odin there are lots of tutorials, just search for them, but if you need help with heimdall just ask for it
don't make people afraid it tell them it may brick but 1 in 1000
Need some apps from other devices please view this guy's thread
 
Lord Nelson0815
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default kgrised letter

I can agree to maclaw, more than a day of battery life
 
Nookyn
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nırsko
My CM11 update software don't work..
 
SkillHeadCZ
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ostrava
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookyn View Post
My CM11 update software don't work..
You have to update via TWRP, because CM11 doesn´t official for us.
 
Fat Cookies
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillHeadCZ View Post
You have to update via TWRP, because CM11 doesn´t official for us.
Yes CM11 is unofficial, however you can install any maclaw ROM using the most recent CWM firmware.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes