XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CDMA US Versions Don't flash Roms

Tip us?

zesus999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation CDMA US Versions Don't flash Roms

So for the past month or so i have been trying to find a working Rom for my SCH-R890 (US Cellular) i have flashed all Roms i can find including cyanogenmod,Pac-mam Rom, and Aviator Rom, non of them work because after flashing I end up with a null imei and a lost of network service. It was very frustrating for me since i broken two phone but thank good for the *228 feature on US Cellular that can restore my setting. After trying to find a solution to this mess i thought that it was my imei but after investigating some more i notice that these rom were for the international version. That when it hit me!! The international version all work on GSM System!!! So that explains why every time you flash a rom on the CDMA phone you loss your imei and phone number and connection. So for the US variants that run on CDMA don't flash any Roms that are for the i9195 because it will leave your phone with no network. I belive if we message the developers of the Roms then they could be able to create a CDMA version of there roms that would work for all CDMA version of this phone

gonzalomorenorovetto
Old
Thanks Meter 4
and what happens if un flash everything but the modem?
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini LTE - I9195
PDA: I9195UBUBNA2
CSC: I9195CHOBMK1
MODEM: I9195UBUBNA2
KNOX FREE!

zesus999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalomorenorovetto View Post
and what happens if un flash everything but the modem?
That's what I have tried to do
But it's more of I can't since I can't find my specific modem file because I can't find it anywhere. But if you were to test it your self if you could and provide feedback would be much appreciated

hozbee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
After you flash the ROM connect to WiFi and download advanced signal Status and switch it to CDMA. That's what I did the only issue I'm having is no sound and buttons don't work so I'll searching for a kernel that would fix that for sprint galaxy s4mini. Other than that everything works fine WiFi NFC camera. Everything but sound and back button and menu. So to fix them issues u use on screen buttons

zesus999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hozbee View Post
After you flash the ROM connect to WiFi and download advanced signal Status and switch it to CDMA. That's what I did the only issue I'm having is no sound and buttons don't work so I'll searching for a kernel that would fix that for sprint galaxy s4mini. Other than that everything works fine WiFi NFC camera. Everything but sound and back button and menu. So to fix them issues u use on screen buttons
Yup that will solve the call problem but the sound is the major issue any ideas on how to solve ?