Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Keep getting low space warnings

OP notinkeys

3rd February 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

51 posts
Over the last few weeks, I have been consistently getting low space warnings. I have deleted a number of apps, music, voice mails, but it keeps coming back. I have no idea what is building up to cause this. I don't find anything when I look for things. Any suggestions as to where I should look? My phone is stock, by the way.
3rd February 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 252

432 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinkeys

Over the last few weeks, I have been consistently getting low space warnings. I have deleted a number of apps, music, voice mails, but it keeps coming back. I have no idea what is building up to cause this. I don't find anything when I look for things. Any suggestions as to where I should look? My phone is stock, by the way.

If you have a custom recovery, try wiping cache and dalvik. You might lose cached data in a few apps (such as Google Maps), but it usually clears up tons of crud.
3rd February 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

51 posts
No custom anything. I have an "optimizer" that I use to clean the cache, but nothing I do really solves the problem for long, and I'm pretty sure it is just old crapola somewhere being filled.
4th February 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

51 posts
I am not sure what was referred to in the original reply, by the way. I'm not technical with smartphones (my tech work is elsewhere) so I am really still trying to figure this out.
4th February 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

51 posts
I have deleted a bunch of stuff. Made ZERO difference just now.

I will have to just rebuild it, I suppose, since there seems to be no suggestions. Caches are empty, but it doesn't matter.
5th February 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
"Disk usage" from play store is by far the best in my opinion for seeing everything on your phone in terms of size. You will quickly know what's hogging your space.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

You should also be aware of the space you have allocated for you. It's in the storage tabs for you to see. 2GB for apps. 10GB internal storage for music, media, photos and whatnot. Ive never had to delete apps from the jewel..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
5th February 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

51 posts
"Disk Usage" is GREAT! I cleaned a bunch of stuff I didn't know about. I'll see how it goes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread