Red face Unresponsive screen solved GS4 Stock SCH-1545

My screen was totally unresponsive after installing a screen protector using a mild detergent and water spray. This is an easy trick that allows you to position the new screen protector, then squeegee, and let dry 24 hours for a perfectly positioned dirt free screen protector installation.

So now the problem, my screen wouldn't respond to any touch. I immediately removed the screen protector thinking that was the problem, but it didn't help. I tried restarting, pulling the battery, drying with a hair dryer, and leaving it set over the floor heat register, trying to dry out any water that may have seeped in through the home button or speaker. Still, no response to touch.

I found this recommendation from the DROID Forum -

"Touchscreen not working at all (solved)" -
*** Yesterday I was navigating, when I touch the screen to activate an app, the touchscreen froze, I reset the cellphone a lot of times but still stuck, and also reset to factory settings and wipe data, not working, finally hours later of search I found the issue to be the digitizer, it is responsible for touch reactions of the screen, located in the superior left corner, the only thing you do is press for 5 seconds in that area and the screen working right again, I hope so this thread helps a many persons with this trouble. ***

So, I tried holding my finger over the top left extreme corner of the screen (the white part above the screen) for 5 seconds and it worked! I don't know if this was coincidence or what, just thought I share this info.

Many thanks to mikedomo from the DROID Forums