Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap Rooted Warranty phone 4.3 Return

Tip us?

justalfe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Safestrap Rooted Warranty phone 4.3 Return

Hey guys so i received a warrantied phone trough verizon that came with 4.3, i ended up doing the safestrap root method and got it rooted,After a few days i came to realize that the lock bootloaded to me is a big deal and will be returning the phone they sent out to me over this. The problem im facing is whats the best way to take this phone back to stock/unroot. Should i use ODIN with 4.3 stock images or will that brick the phone?

unlocked bootloaders equal choices!

ecltech
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalfe View Post
Hey guys so i received a warrantied phone trough verizon that came with 4.3, i ended up doing the safestrap root method and got it rooted,After a few days i came to realize that the lock bootloaded to me is a big deal and will be returning the phone they sent out to me over this. The problem im facing is whats the best way to take this phone back to stock/unroot. Should i use ODIN with 4.3 stock images or will that brick the phone?

unlocked bootloaders equal choices!
Boot back into your STOCK ROM slot (you do this from the Safetrap Recovery) then uninstall SafeTrap. You can then do a factory reset and you'll be back to the 4.3 no-root or no Safetrap.
VZW Galaxy S3

omair2005
Old
Thanks Meter 630
yeah i have a minor crack on my screen, barley noticeable, and don't want to get my phone replaced cuz of that.
Samsung Galaxy S III Verizon