5,597,261 Members 40,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safe Jelly Bean 4.3 Bloatwares Removable List

Tip us?
 
mygalaxynote2
Old
(Last edited by mygalaxynote2; 3rd February 2014 at 01:00 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default Safe Jelly Bean 4.3 Bloatwares Removable List

Hi All,

I just got my Tmobile Galaxy Note 2 rooted with Mr. Robinson's Rom on Jelly Bean 4.3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1975560


Does anyone know which Jelly Bean 4.3 bloatwares are safe to remove and does NOT affect the phone performance?


Thank you very much for your help and info.
 
mygalaxynote2
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Mar 2013
Any help would be greatly appreciated,


Thank you
 
ciphercodes
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 390
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygalaxynote2 View Post
Hi All,

I just got my Tmobile Galaxy Note 2 rooted with Mr. Robinson's Rom on Jelly Bean 4.3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1975560
Does anyone know which Jelly Bean 4.3 bloatwares are safe to remove and does NOT affect the phone performance?
Thank you very much for your help and info.
Hi,
Nowadays the term bloatware is different for different people.
I have deleted the following applications from my phone:

AccessTmobile_TMO.apk
AmazonShopping_TMO.apk
Books.apk
ChatON_MARKET.apk
com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk
ContainerAgent.apk
ContainerAgent.odex
ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
ContainerEventsRelayManager.odex
ECID-release_TMO.apk
gba-service-TMO-Signed.apk
HelpHub.apk
HelpHub.odex
Highlight_TMO.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KLMSAgent.odex
Magazines.apk
NFSMWLauncher_TMO.apk
PlayGames.apk
PlusOne.apk
SamsungApps.apk
SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
SamsungBooks_HD.apk
SamsungGames_HD_oldkey.apk
SamsungHub_land.apk
SamsungHubUpdater.apk
SamsungLink18.apk
SamsungMusic10P.apk
Samsungservice.apk
SamsungVideoLITE.apk
SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.apk
SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.odex
SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.apk
SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.odex
SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
SSuggest_J_DeviceOnly.apk
TMServerApp.apk
TMServerApp.odex
Videos.apk
YahoonewsDaemon.apk
YahoonewsDaemon.odex
YahoonewsWidget.apk
YahoonewsWidget.odex
YahoostockDaemon.apk
YahoostockDaemon.odex
YahoostockWidget.apk
YahoostockWidget.odex
The Following User Says Thank You to ciphercodes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mygalaxynote2
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes View Post
Hi,
Nowadays the term bloatware is different for different people.
I have deleted the following applications from my phone:

AccessTmobile_TMO.apk
AmazonShopping_TMO.apk
Books.apk
ChatON_MARKET.apk
com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk
ContainerAgent.apk
ContainerAgent.odex
ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
ContainerEventsRelayManager.odex
ECID-release_TMO.apk
gba-service-TMO-Signed.apk
HelpHub.apk
HelpHub.odex
Highlight_TMO.apk
KLMSAgent.apk
KLMSAgent.odex
Magazines.apk
NFSMWLauncher_TMO.apk
PlayGames.apk
PlusOne.apk
SamsungApps.apk
SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
SamsungBooks_HD.apk
SamsungGames_HD_oldkey.apk
SamsungHub_land.apk
SamsungHubUpdater.apk
SamsungLink18.apk
SamsungMusic10P.apk
Samsungservice.apk
SamsungVideoLITE.apk
SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.apk
SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.odex
SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.apk
SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.odex
SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
SSuggest_J_DeviceOnly.apk
TMServerApp.apk
TMServerApp.odex
Videos.apk
YahoonewsDaemon.apk
YahoonewsDaemon.odex
YahoonewsWidget.apk
YahoonewsWidget.odex
YahoostockDaemon.apk
YahoostockDaemon.odex
YahoostockWidget.apk
YahoostockWidget.odex
thanks alot for the list
look like you are the only who has knowledge about these bloatwares.
After you deleted them, have you noticed any unstability, bad performance, slow down, or anything?

Thank you very much
 
ciphercodes
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 390
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygalaxynote2 View Post
thanks alot for the list
look like you are the only who has knowledge about these bloatwares.
After you deleted them, have you noticed any unstability, bad performance, slow down, or anything?

Thank you very much
Yes, battery life has improved as some of the application do run in the background.
No performance issue since these are not system applications but placed under /system/app by Samsung/T-mobile.
 
mygalaxynote2
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 56
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes View Post
Yes, battery life has improved as some of the application do run in the background.
No performance issue since these are not system applications but placed under /system/app by Samsung/T-mobile.
Hmm, I opened ES File Explorer app, and I went to /system/app
I've tried to delete the following:

Tmobiletv...
YahoonewsWidget.apk
YahoonewsWidget.odex
YahoostockDaemon.apk
YahoostockDaemon.odex

but all of them said "read-only file system"
what's going on?


Thanks
 
ciphercodes
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 390
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygalaxynote2 View Post
Hmm, I opened ES File Explorer app, and I went to /system/app
I've tried to delete the following:

Tmobiletv...
YahoonewsWidget.apk
YahoonewsWidget.odex
YahoostockDaemon.apk
YahoostockDaemon.odex

but all of them said "read-only file system"
what's going on?
Thanks
You will have to mount the system/app directory in read-write mode. I am not using ES file explorer but in FX file explorer its the lock icon on top just tap it remounts the system in read-write mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to ciphercodes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes