Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Razr M is half-bricked, half-not. Help?

Tip us?

paranoia156
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Razr M is half-bricked, half-not. Help?

Okay, so I've rooted and all before but it's been almost two years (last phone I rooted was a Samsung Fascinate).

So I was working on flashing MIUI to my razr m, I have it rooted but not unlocked. Using Safestrap, I followed all the directions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189196, up until the point where it said to flash eclipse. Me being a n00b, tried flashing MIUI instead, thinking this meant to flash the ROM of my choice.

Now my razr is showing the "AP Fastboot Flash Mode screen", and at the bottom it says "Failed to hab check for boot: 0x56 Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure.

I've tried holding power + vol up + vol down, and it gives me some options, but if I select one of them, it does nothing, and instead goes back the aforementioned screen after a few seconds.

Anyone know a way I can get out of this? I don't care if I have to wipe everything, everything's safely in another place.

Respond quickly, and thank you!

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 48
DROID RAZR m utility maybe. Or rsd lite

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK

paranoia156
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Tried RSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162 View Post
DROID RAZR m utility maybe. Or rsd lite

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

I've been trying RSD lite, but it doesn't seem to be recognizing my device. Nothing happens when i click "show device" or "start" and it doesn't give me the option for "decompress and start flashing". But the phone does appear in device manager, and I've tried somewhere around 8 different USB cables.
The Following User Says Thank You to paranoia156 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 413
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2176753
Hd or m just use the xml, also known as the strange fxz, for your phone.

My signature has more links
Moto X, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adbshellsu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try using rsdlite 6.1.4 if.

paranoia156
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Talking FIXED IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2176753
Hd or m just use the xml, also known as the strange fxz, for your phone.

My signature has more links
This helped, thank you! I used House of Moto, and even with that RSD wouldn't pick up my device. So i chose fastboot in the House of Moto menu and all was well. My phone is back to stock, and i think I've learned my lesson about flashing without being unlocked. Thanks again, now I don't have to use my backup: a three-year-old blackberry bold. lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to paranoia156 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]