Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Access LG G2 remotely via PC?

Tip us?

AntiCommon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Access LG G2 remotely via PC?

Hi I remember reading about an app which allows you to use your G2 via your PC such that you can get texts/etc. on your computer without having to actually switch to using your phone. Does anyone know where I could find this? I believe it was an app from LG themselves.

getclikinagas
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It's called OSP. Short for On Screen Phone.
Your phone will have to be on the same network as you computer.
A simple Google search of "OSP LG G2" should give you a nice step by step guide.
I use it daily and it's quite responsive and snappy.

Also, if you are able to set it up you could also try the "wireless storage" utility. Enable it, type \\g2 in explorer and it opens the internal storage folder.

Take a look at the "delightful discoveries" thread in the G2 General section. Prepare to be amazed

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to getclikinagas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AntiCommon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by getclikinagas View Post
It's called OSP. Short for On Screen Phone.
Your phone will have to be on the same network as you computer.
A simple Google search of "OSP LG G2" should give you a nice step by step guide.
I use it daily and it's quite responsive and snappy.

Also, if you are able to set it up you could also try the "wireless storage" utility. Enable it, type \\g2 in explorer and it opens the internal storage folder.

Take a look at the "delightful discoveries" thread in the G2 General section. Prepare to be amazed

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info!

keypox
Old
Thanks Meter 4
mighty text, its in the play store. It magically triangulates messages to your browser/computer. But OSP is good if you are on the same network. Mighty text you do not need the phone in the same area, city, state, but maybe country.

Its basically imessages but a much crappier version.