Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,161 Members 41,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safe mode for apps?

Tip us?

siciliano777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Safe mode for apps?

There's only one single app not working on my n3 - sing by smule. The screen just goes black whenever I play a song (there are supposed to be lyrics). I'm running stock ROM with several xposed modules. I've tried everything to no avail. At this point I don't even care about the game itself anymore...I'm just on a mission to figure out why it isn't working!

I have to assume it's just my device because there are plenty of reviews for the app from ppl with the n3 that don't have this issue. Is there any such mod/hack/module I can use to run an app in safe mode?? i.e. Have it run in its own "box" and ignore any and all mods I've done. I'm thinking this isn't possible but I figured I'd ask!

TIA!

bftb0
Old
Thanks Meter 796
If you are using Safestrap, why not put a rooted stock ROM (minus Knox and the OTA stuff of course) into another slot?

I doubt that safe mode will have any effect on framework mods - it just prevents autostart of *market apps*, not where base classes (e.g. frameworks) are loaded from.

You could also install the .apk into an emulator in the SDK, although that is likely sufficiently different from touchwiz that it probably won't provide you with diagnostic info.

good luck
"I'm gonna start coding placebo apps. That way I will be sure that the complaints are real and the praises hollow."

siciliano777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftb0 View Post
If you are using Safestrap, why not put a rooted stock ROM (minus Knox and the OTA stuff of course) into another slot?

I doubt that safe mode will have any effect on framework mods - it just prevents autostart of *market apps*, not where base classes (e.g. frameworks) are loaded from.

You could also install the .apk into an emulator in the SDK, although that is likely sufficiently different from touchwiz that it probably won't provide you with diagnostic info.

good luck
Hey thanks for the reply. I don't have safestrap - I just don't like the idea of having to use the slots/partitions and all that so I haven't bothered with it.

Is there any way to get into a safe mode of any kind without safestrap?