I'm planning to mount my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi on a 2 din frame on a mazda MX5. I want to completely remove the current head unit and use the nexus 7 2013 for:
- Car diagnostic, via WiFi OBD2 adaptor (see this kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...to-vehicle-obd)
- FM RDS
- GPS Navigation
- Media player
I mean.. the usual stuff! I'm very noob, but I understand that this project involves the use (at least) of a USB DAC, a USB FM receiver (or even DVB if needed), a USB 3G modem, and the proper ROM to manage all this.
I've read a lot of car installations, but they usually refers to the Nexus 7 and the Timur's rom that is not available for the 2013. So, here is the list of questions:
- what is the preferred combination of kernel/rom to accomplish the Nexus 7 2013 car installation properly?
* I don't need the OTG + charging because I'm going to use a Qi charger, but I do need OTG attached devices to work properly, also fast boot would be nice
* I want to edit the softkey area with shortcut to app, is that possible? and with wich ROM?
- can I use my Galaxy Nexus as 3G modem in USB tethering configuration? I need the connection to be on the USB since I'm using the WiFi for OTG diagnositc
- How to turn on the Nexus 7? I mean, the power button will be behind the 2DIN panel, is there a ROM that turn on the device automatically when it is connected to the power?
In one single question: what is the best ROM for the in car installation of a Nexus 7 2013?
Thank you for every answer!