Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot is sticking at the splash screen.

Tip us?

Kirkymole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Default Boot is sticking at the splash screen.

I've got this little problem, if I reboot using Autoreboot (from the play store) or via the extended power button menu the phone reboots as normal initially but then hangs at the 3 network logo splash screen, where it hangs for around 30 minutes before finally turning on properly. Turning the handset on and off normally works perfectly however.

Is this a problem I've caused?

I'm running 290 Fw, UB, Doomlords kernel.
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
Look like some incompatibility to use the Autoreboot, he maybe doing something wrong. It's nothing wrong what you did, is just the app. I will suggest to use different application and see if the issues persist or even do not use Autoreboot because to me the phone should not be rebooted every day at all.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kirkymole
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Look like some incompatibility to use the Autoreboot, he maybe doing something wrong. It's nothing wrong what you did, is just the app. I will suggest to use different application and see if the issues persist or even do not use Autoreboot because to me the phone should not be rebooted every day at all.
Thanks for the reply, I'll try using a different app, I have to reboot everyday unfortunately. If I don't the phone goes mental, starts freezing and jumping around, apps force close and it doesn't respond to touch or physical buttons. Rebooted once a night and it runs perfectly and I can't fault it.

I'll see what happens with another app though.
If it's broke, use a hammer. If that fails, you're not using a big enough hammer.