Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Play Services in CM11?

Tip us?

qwert940
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Google Play Services in CM11?

I installed CM 11 on my NOOK HD accoridng to instructions by "verygreen". I opened the game requiring Google Play Services(it allows me to log into Google+ account) and when I firstly clicked on Sign In button there was a dialog informing that I have to update my Google Play Services or the app won't work properly. So I went to the Play Store installed the update and after this the game doesn't even start and gives only FC error. Logcat says "The Google Play services resources were not found. Check your project configuration to ensure that the resources are included.". Any ideas what can be wrong? I would be grateful for any help.

sandsofmyst
Old
(Last edited by sandsofmyst; 5th February 2014 at 02:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert940 View Post
I installed CM 11 on my NOOK HD accoridng to instructions by "verygreen". I opened the game requiring Google Play Services(it allows me to log into Google+ account) and when I firstly clicked on Sign In button there was a dialog informing that I have to update my Google Play Services or the app won't work properly. So I went to the Play Store installed the update and after this the game doesn't even start and gives only FC error. Logcat says "The Google Play services resources were not found. Check your project configuration to ensure that the resources are included.". Any ideas what can be wrong? I would be grateful for any help.
My best guesses:

According to searching and the error itself it appears to do with something blocking it from getting a service from google services...

For instance, if your using cm's privacy settings, that could be blocking the app from having access to one it wants.

Another instance, if it requires location, and that's disabled in cm's settings then it may not be happy.

It could be also possible I think that it may not be compatible with cm11 though since you didn't mention the game name, you'll need to figure that out and the problem too.

Addition: Double check to make sure you flashed the correct gapps for cm11.

Hopefully this helps.
Moto G 4G | latest official rom 4.4.4NEW (Longest recorded uptime: 503 hours with 4.4.3)
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official rom (331 hours is about the most I can get before forced reboot or other.)

adam_ky
Old
Thanks Meter 6
My guess would b wrong google apps maybe try flashing correct one for the version of android in use.

qwert940
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I installed gapps for CM11 downloaded from Cyanogenmod Wiki "http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps".

It's a game which I'm trying to develop and it should work on CM11(it worked before adding Play Services).

I also check privacy settings in CM and there is nothing blocking the app from usage of Play Services. Any other ideas maybe?

sandsofmyst
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert940 View Post
I installed gapps for CM11 downloaded from Cyanogenmod Wiki "http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps".

It's a game which I'm trying to develop and it should work on CM11(it worked before adding Play Services).

I also check privacy settings in CM and there is nothing blocking the app from usage of Play Services. Any other ideas maybe?
Oh... well if your developing it then doesn't the results that come up with google search not show you the answer? That's all that comes up after all... the answers for developers and how to fix that very problem.
Moto G 4G | latest official rom 4.4.4NEW (Longest recorded uptime: 503 hours with 4.4.3)
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official rom (331 hours is about the most I can get before forced reboot or other.)

qwert940
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Nope, not really. I searched the web, but so far I haven't found the exact answer which will be helpful in my situation, although I tried a few. That's the reason why I posted a question over here. I think that's time for giving another try to Google search.

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more