[Q] Nook Tablet CM11.0; YouTube displays infinite loading circle.

3rd February 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
I am running a WIP build of CM11.0 on my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet. It runs FLAWLESSLY, except for one small, but extremely important issue. Every time I try to load up YouTube videos, be it on the YouTube app, stock browser, Chrome, Opera, etc., not one video actually loads. I have an infinite loading circle. I have tried everything: rebooting, wiping the app's data, uninstalling the app, reinstalling gapps and my ROM, wiping my data/system/cache and reflashing my ROM, even using an older version of CM10.1.3. I'm starting to think it might be a problem with the new YouTube app, but my confusion stems from the fact that NOT ONE YOUTUBE VIDEO LOADS ON ANY BROWSER OR APP. Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.
5th February 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 23

174 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwinston27

I am running a WIP build of CM11.0 on my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet. It runs FLAWLESSLY, except for one small, but extremely important issue. Every time I try to load up YouTube videos, be it on the YouTube app, stock browser, Chrome, Opera, etc., not one video actually loads. I have an infinite loading circle. I have tried everything: rebooting, wiping the app's data, uninstalling the app, reinstalling gapps and my ROM, wiping my data/system/cache and reflashing my ROM, even using an older version of CM10.1.3. I'm starting to think it might be a problem with the new YouTube app, but my confusion stems from the fact that NOT ONE YOUTUBE VIDEO LOADS ON ANY BROWSER OR APP. Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.

It is the ROM version, something with the kernel. You aren't the only one who has this problem.
But, there is a CM11 nightly that works perfectly for me, YouTube and all. Install this build: 11-20140119-NIGHTLY-acclaim.

Edit: Never mind, it doesn't seem to be on the downloads page anymore. Try the next higher one, 11-2014129.
Last edited by sagirfahmid3; 5th February 2014 at 01:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sagirfahmid3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagirfahmid3

It is the ROM version, something with the kernel. You aren't the only one who has this problem.
But, there is a CM11 nightly that works perfectly for me, YouTube and all. Install this build: 11-20140119-NIGHTLY-acclaim.

Edit: Never mind, it doesn't seem to be on the downloads page anymore. Try the next higher one, 11-2014129.

I updated to the build 11-20140205-NIGHTLY-acclaim, I'm gonna stick with the newest nightlies every time its updated. Streaming works again. Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread