Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] ERROR: E: Signature Verification Failed HELP!!!

OP YellowFlasher

4th February 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Whenever I try to install the clockworkmod on my phone manually it says: "E: Signature Verification Failed"

I have A Samsung Galaxy Exhibit t599n.

Please reply back if you have a solution.
4th February 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #2  
Member
Auckland
Thanks Meter: 14
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
You can toggle this when you go into 'install zip from SD card'. If you select 'toggle signature verification' it will display 'enabled' and then select again and it will be 'disabled'. That should work. If it doesn't, don't flash that ROM, try downloading it again, check MD5 sums, check that it is a ROM for your phone, and if all are the same, have another go.

Sent from my ST18i
4th February 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Don't you need cwm to do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guynan

You can toggle this when you go into 'install zip from SD card'. If you select 'toggle signature verification' it will display 'enabled' and then select again and it will be 'disabled'. That should work. If it doesn't, don't flash that ROM, try downloading it again, check MD5 sums, check that it is a ROM for your phone, and if all are the same, have another go.

Sent from my ST18i

But don't you need the clockworkmod to do that? I am trying to install that.
5th February 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #4  
Member
Auckland
Thanks Meter: 14
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFlasher

But don't you need the clockworkmod to do that? I am trying to install that.

Oh sorry! I mis read! Only have a little screen you see. :P Try re flashing it? Or another method? That is bizzare. Sounds like the one you are trying to flash wasn't signed when it was compiled. So yeah, try another version of CWM
5th February 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
ERROR: E: Signature Verification Failed HELP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guynan

Oh sorry! I mis read! Only have a little screen you see. :P Try re flashing it? Or another method? That is bizzare. Sounds like the one you are trying to flash wasn't signed when it was compiled. So yeah, try another version of CWM

Can give me another version of cwm that is signed for my phone
5th February 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #6  
Member
Auckland
Thanks Meter: 14
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Here is one that you should try give a spin. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2421743
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes