Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ERROR: E: Signature Verification Failed HELP!!!

OP YellowFlasher

4th February 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Whenever I try to install the clockworkmod on my phone manually it says: "E: Signature Verification Failed"

I have A Samsung Galaxy Exhibit t599n.

Please reply back if you have a solution.
4th February 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #2  
Auckland
Thanks Meter: 17

96 posts
More
You can toggle this when you go into 'install zip from SD card'. If you select 'toggle signature verification' it will display 'enabled' and then select again and it will be 'disabled'. That should work. If it doesn't, don't flash that ROM, try downloading it again, check MD5 sums, check that it is a ROM for your phone, and if all are the same, have another go.

Sent from my ST18i
4th February 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Don't you need cwm to do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guynan

You can toggle this when you go into 'install zip from SD card'. If you select 'toggle signature verification' it will display 'enabled' and then select again and it will be 'disabled'. That should work. If it doesn't, don't flash that ROM, try downloading it again, check MD5 sums, check that it is a ROM for your phone, and if all are the same, have another go.

Sent from my ST18i

But don't you need the clockworkmod to do that? I am trying to install that.
5th February 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #4  
Auckland

96 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowFlasher

But don't you need the clockworkmod to do that? I am trying to install that.

Oh sorry! I mis read! Only have a little screen you see. :P Try re flashing it? Or another method? That is bizzare. Sounds like the one you are trying to flash wasn't signed when it was compiled. So yeah, try another version of CWM
5th February 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
ERROR: E: Signature Verification Failed HELP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guynan

Oh sorry! I mis read! Only have a little screen you see. :P Try re flashing it? Or another method? That is bizzare. Sounds like the one you are trying to flash wasn't signed when it was compiled. So yeah, try another version of CWM

Can give me another version of cwm that is signed for my phone
5th February 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #6  
Auckland

96 posts
More
Here is one that you should try give a spin. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2421743
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread