[Q] Can anyone help with HTC One Root

OP m477r1x

5th February 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,

I have a HTC One M7 on Three UK.

I followed the HTC unlock bootloader instructions on their website and unlocked the bootloader, and flashed the recovery so that now my phone has TWRP. I then copied a superuser.zip file to the root of my device, and then using TWRP I installed it. Everything went fine.

I rebooted my phone and i had the Superuser app, but if i use the RootChecker app, it says my device is not rooted, but if i try to open any banking apps, they say "this app isn't designed to work on rooted devices" (which i would expect, i jailbroke my iphone when i had one).

So my first question is - is there anything i can do to try to fix this (I've tried doing the process again and no luck)

My second question is - Can i Unroot my device? Since i am now stuck without benefits of rooting, but also have to fall-backs of rooting as well (not being able to use certain apps). I would rather revert back. I have seen a post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2182823 which explains how to un-root my phone, however i am conscious that I don't know which stock ROM to download, it says you need to have one specific to your CID (I am on Three in the UK) so I can see the H3G CID numbers in the list, but when i go to the download page there aren't any H3G specific ROMs to download.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
5th February 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Anyone able to help with this? 42 views so far
Last edited by m477r1x; 5th February 2014 at 11:20 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread