Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SlimKat Camera for AOSP Roms??

Tip us?

Jostian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Default SlimKat Camera for AOSP Roms??

Love the camera in SlimKat RC2 but ROM is a bit buggy is there anyway to mod the camera in SlimKat RC2 to work on AOSP ROMs like ProBam/PA? I tried swopping out Camera2 apk's but that doesnt work... hope someone can assist thanks

reason: AOSP ROMs only have fullscreen aspect ratio not the normal 4.3 (unless you go down to 7MP) and the controls on the SlimKat camera are amazing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jostian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcmaddox1
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostian View Post
Love the camera in SlimKat RC2 but ROM is a bit buggy is there anyway to mod the camera in SlimKat RC2 to work on AOSP ROMs like ProBam/PA? I tried swopping out Camera2 apk's but that doesnt work... hope someone can assist thanks

reason: AOSP ROMs only have fullscreen aspect ratio not the normal 4.3 (unless you go down to 7MP) and the controls on the SlimKat camera are amazing.
Copy the camera 2 apk into system/app and change the permission to rw-r-r

I tested it and t worked on the latest cm 11 nightly. To change permissions use the cm file explorer and while its in system app hold down on it, hit properties, then permissions, then uncheck the second box in the second row.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jostian
Old
(Last edited by Jostian; 4th February 2014 at 08:29 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaddox1 View Post
Copy the camera 2 apk into system/app and change the permission to rw-r-r

I tested it and t worked on the latest cm 11 nightly. To change permissions use the cm file explorer and while its in system app hold down on it, hit properties, then permissions, then uncheck the second box in the second row.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks, but tried exactly that, changed permissions and tried to install but keeps saying app not installed???, rebooted (cleared caches etc.) but same issue... any other ideas?

EDIT: Got it right! just copy the camera 2 apk from slimkat to sys/app it will ask to overwrite or cancel, select overwrite (your camera icon on homescreen is now missing), camera will not install if tapped, dont worry, Now go to Apps and clear data from Camera, and uninstall updates, then it will ask you if you want to install the factory version (which is now the slimkat version in sys/app) say yes and voila you now have the slimkat camera on your AOSP rom. its a much better camera app than the std AOSP one, the slimkat one has many more options and control incl the 13MP 4:3 aspect ratio...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jostian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mademan420
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostian View Post
Thanks, but tried exactly that, changed permissions and tried to install but keeps saying app not installed???, rebooted (cleared caches etc.) but same issue... any other ideas?

EDIT: Got it right! just copy the camera 2 apk from slimkat to sys/app it will ask to overwrite or cancel, select overwrite (your camera icon on homescreen is now missing), camera will not install if tapped, dont worry, Now go to Apps and clear data from Camera, and uninstall updates, then it will ask you if you want to install the factory version (which is now the slimkat version in sys/app) say yes and voila you now have the slimkat camera on your AOSP rom. its a much better camera app than the std AOSP one, the slimkat one has many more options and control incl the 13MP 4:3 aspect ratio...
Got an apk that you dont mind sharing for the slimkat camera? Thanks!
I don't mind people pushing my buttons.....especially when they're saying "THANKS"

HTC One m8 - Current, Galaxy Note 3 - Retired, LG G2 - Retired, Moto X Dev Ed - Retired, HTC One m7 - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4 - Retired, HTC DNA - Retired, Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Backup Phone, HTC Rezound - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate - Retired, All iPhone models - Retired