Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 stuck at the google logo

Tip us?
 
Lcui
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Unhappy [Q] Nexus 7 stuck at the google logo

Hello,

I've got a problem. On monday my Nexus 7 2012 (with lastest stock Android) froze and I had to reboot it. But then it got in a bootloop where it would boot to the boot-animation (the four moving dots) and then restart after half a minute. Then I went into the bootloader to switch it off. When I switched in back on it just got stuck at the google logo.

I tried to reflash the stock rom, but I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet and everytime I try to do unlock it, it fails with "unknown error code".
At first I used Wug's Toolkit. When that didn't work I used cmd, but that doesn't work either.

I would really appreciate some ideas to solve that
 
Erovia
Old
#2  
Erovia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 247
Posts: 783
Join Date: Sep 2012
You dont have to unlock the bootloader to flash factory images.
You can flash it with fastboot or a toolkit.
Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4+
Kernel: hells-Core
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Nexus 7
ROM: SlimKat 5+
Kernel: LeanKernel
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Motorola Milestone A853 ROM: CyanogenMod 9.1.0d Recovery: Open Recovery MiniMod by -FuFu-
 
Amlan90
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Did you try to get into recovery?
Maybe you can wipe some thing like cache, dalvik cache and system,
And then install the firmware again.

I once installed a firmware without properly wiping and also got stuck in thjis animation logo.
After wiping in recovery and re-flashing the firmware it worked again.
 
Lcui
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erovia View Post
You dont have to unlock the bootloader to flash factory images.
You can flash it with fastboot or a toolkit.
As far as I know, you need to unlock the bootloader. Anyway, I tried a toolkit as well as fastboot via cmd but none worked.

See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1907796
Quote:
In order to do anything useful in fastboot, the bootloader must be unlocked


Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlan90 View Post
Did you try to get into recovery?
Maybe you can wipe some thing like cache, dalvik cache and system,
And then install the firmware again.

I once installed a firmware without properly wiping and also got stuck in thjis animation logo.
After wiping in recovery and re-flashing the firmware it worked again.
I dont't have any custom recovery installed. When I am trying to access the stock recovery mode via the bootloader then I get to the Google logo and "booting failed" is written in the upper left corner.

My guess is that the emmc is broken
 
demkantor
Old
#5  
demkantor's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,749
Posts: 5,763
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mpls
Google search android factory images, download the appropriate one for your device
Then extract contents and double click the flashall.bat
If this fails then chances are your emmc has been severely corrupted, I've seen a few get to that point with the booting failed and its 50/50 if they resurrect their device
Best of luck
(Oh and don't use toolkits)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Lcui
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Google search android factory images, download the appropriate one for your device
Then extract contents and double click the flashall.bat
If this fails then chances are your emmc has been severely corrupted, I've seen a few get to that point with the booting failed and its 50/50 if they resurrect their device
Best of luck
(Oh and don't use toolkits)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I tried that again the way you described it and sadly it didn't work. I have to accept that the emmc is corupted.
Thanks guys for your help anyway
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more

Android One Goes Live in India!

Android One is a Google initiative set to bring an AOSP-like experience tosome emergingmarkets like India, … more