Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Install onscreen buttons, like Galaxy Nexus & Nexus 7

OP djfmf

5th February 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
I know there was a way to disable the buttons on the Galaxy Note 8.0 which was good, but it got pretty annoying when i had to pull out the stylus to go back a page. Is there a way to install the onscreen buttons that are similar to the nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus? I don't mind losing screen space, but it annoys the hell out of me when i type in landscape and my finger or hand would brush across those buttons and mess up what i'm doing. i would like nothing more than to install a second row of buttons while getting rid of the ones the built on, well maybe retain the main button. But hopefully there is a way to install it on the galaxy note 8.0, such as a simple flash or install of an apk.
5th February 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Since no one knew the answer to my question I decided to check out YouTube and one of their videos similar to disabling the capacitive buttons allowed me to install on screen buttons. Now my note 8.0 feels like my nexus 7.
5th February 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 353

1,058 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfmf

Since no one knew the answer to my question I decided to check out YouTube and one of their videos similar to disabling the capacitive buttons allowed me to install on screen buttons. Now my note 8.0 feels like my nexus 7.

Civato's rom has the option to use on screen buttons.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2367151
5th February 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23

Civato's rom has the option to use on screen buttons.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2367151

I have the AT&T I467 so I can't install custom roms from what I heard. Heck I'm still at 4.1.2, but at least I'm rooted and unlocked. should have went with the international version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread