XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "No Wallpaper" option missing in Google Edition Rom

Tip us?

laperry1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] "No Wallpaper" option missing in Google Edition Rom

Hey all, currently running a Google Edition rom on my S4 but don't see an option to have no wallpaper...
also, no default browser either... is this normal?

tia...

dynospectrum
Old
Thanks Meter 275
GPE has never included a no wallpaper option. As for the no default browser, I'm assuming you're using Danvdh's GPE ROM, which doesn't include a default browser so that you can install your own browser like Dolphin or w/e browser you prefer.

As Danavdh's OP states, if you want a more stock GPE ROM use MrVirginia's GPE ROM.

MrVirginia's GPE ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2343513

SGH-M919 / SlimKat 4.4.2 / KT-SGS4 Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to dynospectrum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

laperry1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynospectrum View Post
GPE has never included a no wallpaper option. As for the no default browser, I'm assuming you're using Danvdh's GPE ROM, which doesn't include a default browser so that you can install your own browser like Dolphin or w/e browser you prefer.

As Danavdh's OP states, if you want a more stock GPE ROM use MrVirginia's GPE ROM.

MrVirginia's GPE ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2343513

SGH-M919 / SlimKat 4.4.2 / KT-SGS4 Kernel
Excellent! thanks for your reply! yes, i'm using Danavdh's GPE... guess i didn't read his OP as thoroughly as i thought... i do like the battery preserving aspects of this rom (i've tried BeanStalk KK & SlimKat)...

thanks again!

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3505
Quote:
Originally Posted by laperry1 View Post
Excellent! thanks for your reply! yes, i'm using Danavdh's GPE... guess i didn't read his OP as thoroughly as i thought... i do like the battery preserving aspects of this rom (i've tried BeanStalk KK & SlimKat)...

thanks again!
If you want no wallpaper, jus tmake a black square or download one from google and make that your wallpaper. Same result.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

laperry1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
If you want no wallpaper, jus tmake a black square or download one from google and make that your wallpaper. Same result.
which is probably what the 'dark' or no wallpaper background is anyhow... some things can be so simple... Thanks!
but along that same line of thought, is it possible to configure a 'no wallpaper' option into the display settings?