Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 45,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing Quarx´s CM11 always get same baseband

Tip us?

lfuentes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Phone [Q] Flashing Quarx´s CM11 always get same baseband

Every silgle time I flash a CM11 ROM (Quarx) baseband is set to Eurpe > Central Europe rather than America > Argentina according to SIM card.
Can I do something to make the baseband is automatically selected depending on SIM card?
I thought I'd post in Dev´s thread, but I´ll be bullied for doing a noob question

pgreed
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuentes View Post
Every silgle time I flash a CM11 ROM (Quarx) baseband is set to Eurpe > Central Europe rather than America > Argentina according to SIM card.
Can I do something to make the baseband is automatically selected depending on SIM card?
I thought I'd post in Dev´s thread, but I´ll be bullied for doing a noob question
is a little awkward. To make an automated selection of the baseband the phone need to be connected to provider but it can't do that because of wrong baseband. So you must made this selection manually. Don't be lazy.

Proverbs2
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuentes View Post
You can change the baseband in the CM11 zip file before flashing. (It's not automatic, but...)

Here's how:

1. Open the CM11 zip file on your computer using 7zip. (Don't extract it, just open it.)

2. Locate the baseband you need to use from within /etc/motorola/basebands. They are organized by country, just as they are in the baseband switcher.

3. Each baseband configuration is saved as a zip. Unzip it, then push the newly unzipped files into the /etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default directory.

4. Flash your edited CM11 zip file.

(Thanks to @andycore for this useful post.)

lfuentes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbs2 View Post
You can change the baseband in the CM11 zip file before flashing. (It's not automatic, but...)

Here's how:

1. Open the CM11 zip file on your computer using 7zip. (Don't extract it, just open it.)

2. Locate the baseband you need to use from within /etc/motorola/basebands. They are organized by country, just as they are in the baseband switcher.

3. Each baseband configuration is saved as a zip. Unzip it, then push the newly unzipped files into the /etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default directory.

4. Flash your edited CM11 zip file.

(Thanks to @andycore for this useful post.)
Thanks! I´ll try
Tags
baseband, cm11