Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][Free] Simple Reminders

OP gundam802

6th February 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
Hi, this is a small app I made to remind myself to do things that don't have a set due date or deadline.

About the app
A simple app to keep you on top of things. Type in your reminder and click create, and the reminder will stay in your notification tray until you clear it. It's a simpler and more efficient way to manage things. There's no way to set a reminder for an event(Read: household tasks, school related things) that doesn't have a deadline, so the solution is to keep the event in your notifcation tray until you clear it. People glance at the notification area everytime they turn on the phone, so it's impossible to miss the reminder that Simple Reminders creates. This app is most useful for students but it can also be useful for adults.

Example
You have to buy milk the next time you go to the grocery store. No one makes plans to the grocery store, you just go when you have free time. Regular reminder apps can't remind you to get milk because they don't know when you're going to the store. Simple Reminders gets around this by keeping a notification in the tray that you'll notice when you're going to the store.

About the developer
I'm a 16 year old high school student learning java/android programming in my spare time.

Feel free to leave any feedback/tips/concerns.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-03-16-44-04.png
Views:	806
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	2561522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-03-16-45-15.png
Views:	789
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	2561523  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gundam802 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
I'm a huge fan of simple apps that take care of basic things such as this, bychance would this work on a Nexus 7 and are there any widgets for it as well? It would work great on my lockscreen
6th February 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #3  
Flag Middlesbrough
Thanks Meter: 287

415 posts
More
Just tried it, pretty good but please add the option to make the reminder sticky if need be as swiping them clears the notification away (obviously not good if you accidentally cleared the notification area)

Oh and please add the option of a black and white theme to the creation page

Many thanks

EDIT: Before I forget, there's a typo in the apps options page. Should be "created" not "creator"
Last edited by Listy2021; 6th February 2014 at 01:26 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
reminders, simple
Previous Thread Next Thread