SUDDEN/UNTIMELY Death of my Xperia Z1

Tip us?

zeppelinrox
Old
Thanks Meter 20456

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermond012 View Post
As per the man I talked to when I went into the store the warranty is voided when I updated my OS to 4.3. I can only use the service warranty if I don't do ANY modification of OS or whatever on the phone even if it's from PCC or SUS. Stupid policy.
Wow that's wierd.
Would you mind taking part in this thread and vote in the poll?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2574764

I'd like to try and figure out a pattern if there is a pattern.

ermond012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
It's confirmed. My phone is dead. Motherboard's the problem.

ermond012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default DEAD BOOT / Battery totally drained

We had it checked again last Thursday, January 3rd. The technician said that the replacement of motherboard is not yet clear to be the best solution as the technicians from the Sony Service Center hadn't opened the phone yet. He said that it might have been a cause of a dead or death boot. Has anyone heard of it? He says not only Sony phones are experiencing this dead or death booth, even other brands. Kind of random.He said that the phone somewhat hangs, the screen isn't on but the system is still running which causes the phone to become warm or hot. And he also said that this lead to the battery getting totally drained. As per him, once the battery is totally drained it won't get charged even if I try to charge the phone for a number of hours. So what he will do when I get back to him on Monday is he will first try to shock the battery to see if it will be revived (which I hope this is just the case) and then dload some firmwares or softwares to fix the unit.

I hope this ordeal will be solved this following week as it's been so inconvenient on my part and I terribly miss my phone.

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Or maybe just change the battery if it didn't work.
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.

Geoffxx
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermond012 View Post
We had it checked again last Thursday, January 3rd. The technician said that the replacement of motherboard is not yet clear to be the best solution as the technicians from the Sony Service Center hadn't opened the phone yet. He said that it might have been a cause of a dead or death boot. Has anyone heard of it? He says not only Sony phones are experiencing this dead or death booth, even other brands. Kind of random.He said that the phone somewhat hangs, the screen isn't on but the system is still running which causes the phone to become warm or hot. And he also said that this lead to the battery getting totally drained. As per him, once the battery is totally drained it won't get charged even if I try to charge the phone for a number of hours. So what he will do when I get back to him on Monday is he will first try to shock the battery to see if it will be revived (which I hope this is just the case) and then dload some firmwares or softwares to fix the unit.

I hope this ordeal will be solved this following week as it's been so inconvenient on my part and I terribly miss my phone.
so what happened

LLars_PL
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Maybe it become somehow overheated and the heat killed the motherboard/cpu?

Don`t believe that story with the battery charging, every system has an force shutdown option when 1% battery left- you can only disable that by deleting some apk in system files, which you didn`t touch probably

ermond012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffxx View Post
so what happened
We had the motherboard replaced. The battery still has power when we had it checked last January. Motherboard gave up. We confirmed this when the technician tried to use other Z1's motherboard and it powered up.