XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please Help with softbrick

Tip us?

OGPackin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyS42014 View Post
I've been pulling my hair out for the last 24hrs trying to get my phone back up and running. Thank you for posting the link!! Every other version i've tried has failed to work. You are a life saver!! Thank you very much!
Device: Samsung Galaxy S 4 (SGH-M919)
Carrier: T-Mobile
Firmware: 4.4.2
Root: CF-Auto-Root
ROM: INSANE ROM V6
Recovery: TWRP

NFSE

GalaxyS42014
Old
(Last edited by GalaxyS42014; 29th January 2014 at 09:49 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Your Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGPackin View Post
I've been pulling my hair out for the last 24hrs trying to get my phone back up and running. Thank you for posting the link!! Every other version i've tried has failed to work. You are a life saver!! Thank you very much!
No problem... I spent twice the time trying to get my phone back up and running... I was about to run my phone over with the car and get a new one (my phone is insured) LOL & if you would like a really good 4.3 Custom Rom find and try out Wicked Rom V.10... I installed it after I fixed my phone and it is awesome!!!

OGPackin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
No problem... I spent twice the time trying to get my phone back up and running... I was about to run my phone over with the car and get a new one (my phone is insured) LOL & if you would like a really good 4.3 Custom Rom find and try out Wicked Rom V.10... I installed it after I fixed my phone and it is awesome!!!
LOL..i feelya bro!

Well, this all started when i tried to root my phone. I followed to directions here but when i flashed the zip and rebooted my phone i got "kernel is not seandroid enforcing. set warranty bit kernel." So at this point i am back to stock 4.3 and not rooted. At this point im just glad to be back up...lol

NFSE

GalaxyS42014
Old
(Last edited by GalaxyS42014; 29th January 2014 at 10:21 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default .......

Quote:
LOL..i feelya bro!

Well, this all started when i tried to root my phone. I followed to directions here but when i flashed the zip and rebooted my phone i got "kernel is not seandroid enforcing. set warranty bit kernel." So at this point i am back to stock 4.3 and not rooted. At this point im just glad to be back up...lol
Mine says that (kernel is not seandroid enforcing. set warranty bit kernel) when it is booting up, but it hasn't effected it negatively. To be honest I don't even know what that means yet.... As long as the phone turns on and works.... lol

I used CF-Auto-root and it worked flawlessly...

OGPackin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Wow! That Wicked Rom looks sick! I want it...lol Do you have a better link for rooting?

Thanks again bro!

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Mine says that (kernel is not seandroid enforcing. set warranty bit kernel) when it is booting up, but it hasn't effected it negatively. To be honest I don't even know what that means yet.... As long as the phone turns on and works.... lol
Mine would never come to life. Would go to a black screen and the little blue light would pulse, but all i would get was a black screen. hmmmm...i probably did something wrong.

NFSE

Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 29th January 2014 at 10:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1876

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: back to stock - root

Quote:
LOL..i feelya bro!

Once you are back to stock 4.3 and not rooted all you need to do to root
the phone is to download and Odin flash cf-autoroot.
Here is the direct download link for cf-autoroot in case you want to root your phone:
http://download.chainfire.eu/328/CF-...etrieve_file=1

Unzip cf-autoroot into an empty folder on your computer's desktop, use
Odin which is also included in the zipfile to flash cf-autoroot in pda slot.

Once you are rooted you will need to flash a custom recovery like cwm or twrp.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GalaxyS42014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default PM

Quote:
Wow! That Wicked Rom looks sick! I want it...lol Do you have a better link for rooting?

Thanks again bro!

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Mine would never come to life. Would go to a black screen and the little blue light would pulse, but all i would get was a black screen. hmmmm...i probably did something wrong.
Sent you a PM with the guide I used.... all files needed are downloadable through the guide

I am loving Wicked Rom... getting better signal & battery life... It's pretty fast... has everything you need (settings-wise) already on the Rom

OGPackin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I am now rooted. Thanks guys!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Sent you a PM with the guide I used.... all files needed are downloadable through the guide

I am loving Wicked Rom... getting better signal & battery life... It's pretty fast... has everything you need (settings-wise) already on the Rom
Got it, thanks!

I think im going to leave it until tomorrow. I need a drink now...LOL

NFSE

banziitox24
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wicked ROM

Quote:

Can you please PM me the guide too i really need it Thanks