Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 Waterproof?

Tip us?

jonathanhtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Question Note 3 Waterproof?

Guys, I accidentally put my Note 3 (From Sprint) near the toilet when I was taking a shower... then someone called and the phone as usually started to vibrate and ring, then was when I heard the drop... it took me like 30 seconds to take him out and for my surprise it was DRY. I removed the battery cover, it was dry, the battery dry, the white patch was white, the screen was working like as usual, some water drops there that I clean faster with a towel, I shake it and some water came out but, nothing was damage, nothing even the speakers, I mean... like if nothing happened...

Did you experimented something like this, is the Note 3 at some point water resistant (with a certification) without telling us?
My Devices:
Motorola Cliq XT, iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5s, HTC HD2, ONE X, ONE X+, SGS Vibrant, SGS 4G, SGS2 AT&T, SG2 Skyrocket LTE, SGSIII QuadCore, HTC Inspire and Inspire RED, Motorola Atrix, Atrix 2, Samsung Infuse, Samsung Galaxy Note, Note II International, SGSIII LTE AT&T, Note II AT&T, Galaxy Note 3 AT&T, HTC ONE, LG G2, Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3 Sprint, HTC One M8 Sprint, Samsung Galaxy S5 Sprint, HTC One M8 Harman Kardon- Actual Device Sprint.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonathanhtc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slow_one
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Woot you have a swimmer! , but really it is a interesting tidbit.

snowride20
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Wouldn't try that again!

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
Note 3

Frito37
Old
(Last edited by Frito37; 6th February 2014 at 12:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Wasn't able to thoroughly test this, when dropped into the toilet, it landed on a turd which allowed it to bob safely above the dark deep below. Will try again tommorow when I have Mexican which will solve today's solidity problem.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frito37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonathanhtc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frito37 View Post
Wasn't able to thoroughly test this, when dropped into the toilet, it landed on a turd which allowed it to Bob safety above the dark deep below. Will try again tommorow when I have Mexican which will solve today's solidity problem.
Hahahahaha, funny guy!
My Devices:
Motorola Cliq XT, iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5s, HTC HD2, ONE X, ONE X+, SGS Vibrant, SGS 4G, SGS2 AT&T, SG2 Skyrocket LTE, SGSIII QuadCore, HTC Inspire and Inspire RED, Motorola Atrix, Atrix 2, Samsung Infuse, Samsung Galaxy Note, Note II International, SGSIII LTE AT&T, Note II AT&T, Galaxy Note 3 AT&T, HTC ONE, LG G2, Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3 Sprint, HTC One M8 Sprint, Samsung Galaxy S5 Sprint, HTC One M8 Harman Kardon- Actual Device Sprint.

Gack69
Old
Thanks Meter 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frito37 View Post
Wasn't able to thoroughly test this, when dropped into the toilet, it landed on a turd which allowed it to bob safely above the dark deep below. Will try again tommorow when I have Mexican which will solve today's solidity problem.

Bahaha...91 posts...and THIS is the one that earns you a Thanks
by @strongsteve
Sprint Galaxy Note 3
Rooted (Thanks Chainfire!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gack69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]