Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is my phone hard-bricked?

OP Milothicus

5th February 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
I was trying to install a new os on my phone today (previously running aokp with no issues), and i clearly did something wrong.

i'm using twrp, and i had tried to install cyanfox, and a slimrom, both failed in the installation, saying 'could not read zip file' or something along those lines. so a few times i recovered using a backup i had made of my aokp rom.

the installation directions i was following indicated that i should be formatting a lot of things, including the system partition, so the next time i rebooted into twrp, i pressed 'wipe', and then pressed the format button on the right (can't remember the label) rather than just swiping, which i believe formats the main partition. i thought this was what i was supposed to do...

now i can't reboot into recovery or download mode. all i get is the galaxy s iii and aokp logo screen.

which unbrick method do i need to use?

is it that easy to mess up my phone beyond repair?
5th February 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,033

3,204 posts
More
Which phone do you have? Have you ever installed a stock 4.3 ROM on your phone? If not, you could try flashing a stock ROM if you can get into download mode with a USB jig.
5th February 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
It's a 747m, from Fido, in canada. i used the d2att version of aokp without a problem.

what is a usb jig?
6th February 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Nevermind... got it booted into recovery, and reinstalled aokp and gapps without issue.

This thread can be deleted...
Last edited by Milothicus; 6th February 2014 at 02:07 AM.
6th February 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,033

3,204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milothicus

It's a 747m, from Fido, in canada. i used the d2att version of aokp without a problem.

what is a usb jig?

It is a jig that can force the phone into download mode. This little jib has saved me a few times.

http://usbjig.com/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread