Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 38,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No sound after flashing rom

Tip us?

SkinnyBones18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No sound after flashing rom

Alright, so I have no sound at all, music will not play, even tried streaming apps like Pandora, music app just freezes, DSP Manager will crash or just says DSP Manager has stopped working, videos will not play, including YouTube.

Now with that being said this is what i did to get to this point:
Started out on MIUI v5 3.12.20 JB - 4.2.2
Wanted to update to Validus 4.2 KK - 4.2.2
Updated my bootloader to I747UCUEMJB (i dont know what it was before that)
I think I also switched from TWRP to CWM Recovery
Installed rom + gapps etc..
Then sound just didn't work, then installed various other roms on 4.2.2 thinking it was just Validus. I used the second method list here. I've tried re-flashing the Bootloader, and i cant downgrade the bootloader without bricking the phone.

I have been flashing roms on my phone for a while, have never had any issues and if I did I have also found out how to fix it, but this one has just stumped me, hopefully you guys can help, any other information you need I will provide and thanks for taking the time to read this.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 427
FYI, I was able to flash 4.4.2 ROMs on a stock 4.1.2 bootloader. I didn't think it would work but Validus and Cyanfox loaded without a problem.

Maybe you should try and get back to stock 4.3 to see if that solves the issue, then try a custom ROM.

SkinnyBones18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Flashed the StockMod touch wiz ROM, bootloader again, then flashed The Collective ROM and now my sound is working. So not sure what really happened but its all working now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyBones18 View Post
Flashed the StockMod touch wiz ROM, bootloader again, then flashed The Collective ROM and now my sound is working. So not sure what really happened but its all working now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Glad to hear you're still hanging with the s3 crowd