Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to kill TouchWiz lockscreen widgets while keeping Dashclock? (4.3)

Tip us?

DuoDSG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question How to kill TouchWiz lockscreen widgets while keeping Dashclock? (4.3)

Evening, amigos!

Just two days ago I flashed a custom 4.3 ROM onto my S3 (before I was running 4.1.2). Running perfectly, no crashes, etc.

However, I noticed that when I get a missed call, a TouchWiz lockscreen widget comes on with a big, ugly, white box. It would be useful, except that I use DashClock for lockscreen notifications, and the TW widget makes itself my "home" lockscreen, and I can't trash it like the other lockscreen widget screens. There is no settings in the system settings to disable these baked-in widgets entirely, as far as I can see.

Is there any way I can disable this widget from being created (perhaps through the stock dialer?)? It only happens for missed calls, but that's that's probably because I use non-stock apps for other "notifiable" messages, like Textra for SMS, Google Voice for voicemail, etc.

I do have Xposed Framework installed with quite a few modules (including the one that allows me to use DashClock in the first place), so if there is a module available that will do this, I can easily go that route.

Many thanks!

TokedUp
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847
Happens to me all the time. If i miss a call the TW screen won't go away until i reboot. Very annoying.
Samsung Galaxy S III VZW, Rooted, UNLOCKED, Blue, 16gb Int, 64gbExt
[ROM] [OFFICIAL ROM] [AOSPA] [D2LTE] ParanoidAndroid by Ayysir
[Kernel] Lean Kernel by Imoseyon http://rootzwiki.com/topic/32286-ker...listic-kernel/
www.TOOLBAND.com
Lets Go Yankees!
Duck Hunt apk from NES (Hit the Thanks button): http://d-h.st/Uag

DuoDSG
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokedUp View Post
Happens to me all the time. If i miss a call the TW screen won't go away until i reboot. Very annoying.
I'm not sure if it's totally the same for you, but when I go into the call log (whether it's in the stock dailer, or Contacts+, which is what I use), the missed call notification clears from the notification shade, and the TW missed call widget doesn't appear anymore (I just tried it).

My problem is that I don't want it to appear in the first place since I use DashClock.

Oh how I wish TouchWiz didn't exist...

razorr69
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoDSG View Post
I'm not sure if it's totally the same for you, but when I go into the call log (whether it's in the stock dailer, or Contacts+, which is what I use), the missed call notification clears from the notification shade, and the TW missed call widget doesn't appear anymore (I just tried it).

My problem is that I don't want it to appear in the first place since I use DashClock.

Oh how I wish TouchWiz didn't exist...
+1