Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 40,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to restore to HC?

Tip us?

CNemo7539
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question [Q] How to restore to HC?

Hi all!

Could you be so kind and help me revert back to honeycomb stock?

I know it sounds crazy, but I cant stand anymore how slow and laggy CM 10.1 I currently use is on this device. I've tried a lot of things like factory reset, reflushing lates nightly etc. Still horribly slow and at times totally unresponsive.
My ultimate goal is return back to task650 rom.

However I cannot find any HC stock images. I do not think that I can simply flush HC rom in CM 6.0.3.1 recovery.
I was only able to find hc-3.2_touchwiz_ux-full_sam_tab_10.1.zip from pershoot.

Please advise! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

TnA.Plastic
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNemo7539 View Post
Hi all!

Could you be so kind and help me revert back to honeycomb stock?

I know it sounds crazy, but I cant stand anymore how slow and laggy CM 10.1 I currently use is on this device. I've tried a lot of things like factory reset, reflushing lates nightly etc. Still horribly slow and at times totally unresponsive.
My ultimate goal is return back to task650 rom.

However I cannot find any HC stock images. I do not think that I can simply flush HC rom in CM 6.0.3.1 recovery.
I was only able to find hc-3.2_touchwiz_ux-full_sam_tab_10.1.zip from pershoot.

Please advise! Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Not sure where to find an HC-image yet, but what about trying Omni-ROM 4.4.2 KitKat newest build (+ A1-Kernel)?
It still has got some quirks, like bluetooth-audio not working or slow Video-decoding, but the rest is quite good and fluid now.

CNemo7539
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks for your reply! However we are talking about my wife tablet and she needs video/cameras and BT.
So, unfortunately KK is out consideration at this point.

By the way, is KK Omni really that better? Thought I guess anything is better then touching screen and seeing touch and then waiting a couple of seconds for an action to really happen. I do not know what Google changed in memory management, but it now doesn't hold a candle against older versions. At least for such old device as Tab 10.1 is.

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 884
If your wife doesn't need much features, go for Omni 4.3. Its very smooth and stable enough for daily use.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

TnA.Plastic
Old
(Last edited by TnA.Plastic; 4th February 2014 at 04:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Thanks for your reply! However we are talking about my wife tablet and she needs video/cameras and BT.
Camera works; Bluetooth works also, just not streaming audio to a bluetooth-audio-device; Videos also work. Lokally stored seem to be better than streamed (YouTube, gameone, etc.)

Quote:
So, unfortunately KK is out consideration at this point.
Then... What about JellyBean3 (Android 4.3.1)?
I think most if not all you need is already compatible on that and it is a lot better in any case, thought.

Quote:
By the way, is KK Omni really that better? Thought I guess anything is better then touching screen and seeing touch and then waiting a couple of seconds for an action to really happen. I do not know what Google changed in memory management, but it now doesn't hold a candle against older versions. At least for such old device as Tab 10.1 is.
Even 4.1.2 cm10 was superior,... What do you think you can expect from a Kitkat-Build?
IMHO, yes it is, even with those little quirks...

...and not to be mean, but I really don't think any 4.2-build can be called stable... They all have heavy idle-times/"hangs" up to a minute, if you've got some CPU&IO-Load-Hungry apps installed and running...

CNemo7539
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnA.Plastic View Post
...and not to be mean, but I really don't think any 4.2-build can be called stable... They all have heavy idle-times/"hangs" up to a minute, if you've got some CPU&IO-Load-Hungry apps installed and running...
Well... May be it is my bad luck... I do not remember any CM build of any version that was smooth as Task650 rom.
So, you suggest to try rollback to 4.1? I though they stopped development.

Wife use BT streaming... I just got her nice LG headphones.

I guess I softened the problem a little bit for now by removing all apps that create background services and account. FB, LinkIn etc.
It helped a little bit.

TnA.Plastic
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Well... May be it is my bad luck... I do not remember any CM build of any version that was smooth as Task650 rom.
So, you suggest to try rollback to 4.1? I though they stopped development.

Wife use BT streaming... I just got her nice LG headphones.

I guess I softened the problem a little bit for now by removing all apps that create background services and account. FB, LinkIn etc.
It helped a little bit.
Nope. I think you should rather try a 4.3.x-based build.

Tags
honeycomb, restore, stock image