Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CMB 4.4.2 Where are my widgets!

OP SGKen

5th February 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Due to the rules of the board, I can't post this in the Developer section until I have 10 posts. I have searched and have been unable to find any information about it.

I have installed CMB 4.4.2 according to thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2577165

and had numerous problems, reinstalled several times. One that I haven't been able to figure out is the Widgets section is missing from the All Apps screen. Is it hiding somewhere else?

Thanks,
Ken
6th February 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,749

2,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGKen

Due to the rules of the board, I can't post this in the Developer section until I have 10 posts. I have searched and have been unable to find any information about it.

I have installed CMB 4.4.2 according to thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2577165

and had numerous problems, reinstalled several times. One that I haven't been able to figure out is the Widgets section is missing from the All Apps screen. Is it hiding somewhere else?

Thanks,
Ken

I need a little more info....

What bootloder are you on??
What recovery are you using??
What gapps did you flash??

The more info you can provide, The better help you can get..Let me know...Thx lj
6th February 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

I need a little more info....

What bootloader are you on??
What recovery are you using??
What gapps did you flash??

The more info you can provide, The better help you can get..Let me know...Thx lj

I had been using TWRP (since I was on Cromi-X) but replaced it with the Philz. Here are the files I used from the download page associated with the thread.

philz_tf700t_recovery_v6.12.8.zip
cmb_tf700t-ota-20140130.zip
cm-4.4-20140114-cmb4.4.2-tf700t.zip
cmb_kkgapps_20131209.zip

One thing I'm not clear on is the bootloader. I thought it was part of the Philz Recovery or any of the recoveries). Looking in the About Tablet.... I'm not seeing it.
Booting into FastBoot I see (in tiny writing!):
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00e> released by "US-epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801" A03
So I guess the answer would be 10.6.1.14.10

I followed the instructions in post 82 (quoted below) though I don't know what TBupdate.zip was and didn't see it available for download so that step wasn't followed.

" Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
Hi,

I've read all this (not too long) thread, looks good !

So, small checklist before I proceed (from CROMi / TWRP 2.6.1.0 / booloader 10.6.1.14.10), thanks to confirm / correct / add :

- All nanos, TB backups, TBupdate.zip and app's specific backups done
- Flash philz_tf700t_recovery_v6.12.8.zip, reboot
- Factory reset, flash cm-4.4-20140114-cmb4.4.2-tf700t.zip, reboot
- Flash cmb_tf700t-ota-20140130.zip, TBupdate.zip, cmb_kkgapps_20131209.zip, reboot
- Restore apps and backups, enjoy

Am I right ?

I'm a hard TF700+dock daily user, expect feedbacks !

Thanks

Diego
That looks great... Once in recovery you will get 2 options in factory reset do the one that says going to install new rom... Other than that you look good to go"

Another problem- I had made a Nandroid backup of my apps (Data) from TWRP on Cromi-X but when I tried to bring them back there was one small error (after setting the Backup-Advanced to TWRP mode, since it wouldn't find the backup set) but it would complete. I didn't write the error down. When rebooted, it would never finish booting so I gave that up and figured I would just have to re-download all the apps. That's when I found that the widget tab was missing.

Thanks,
Ken
6th February 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

2,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I had been using TWRP (since I was on Cromi-X) but replaced it with the Philz. Here are the files I used from the download page associated with the thread.

philz_tf700t_recovery_v6.12.8.zip
cmb_tf700t-ota-20140130.zip
cm-4.4-20140114-cmb4.4.2-tf700t.zip
cmb_kkgapps_20131209.zip

One thing I'm not clear on is the bootloader. I thought it was part of the Philz Recovery or any of the recoveries). Looking in the About Tablet.... I'm not seeing it.
Booting into FastBoot I see (in tiny writing!):
Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00e> released by "US-epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801" A03
So I guess the answer would be 10.6.1.14.10

I followed the instructions in post 82 (quoted below) though I don't know what TBupdate.zip was and didn't see it available for download so that step wasn't followed.

" Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
Hi,

I've read all this (not too long) thread, looks good !

So, small checklist before I proceed (from CROMi / TWRP 2.6.1.0 / booloader 10.6.1.14.10), thanks to confirm / correct / add :

- All nanos, TB backups, TBupdate.zip and app's specific backups done
- Flash philz_tf700t_recovery_v6.12.8.zip, reboot
- Factory reset, flash cm-4.4-20140114-cmb4.4.2-tf700t.zip, reboot
- Flash cmb_tf700t-ota-20140130.zip, TBupdate.zip, cmb_kkgapps_20131209.zip, reboot
- Restore apps and backups, enjoy

Am I right ?

I'm a hard TF700+dock daily user, expect feedbacks !

Thanks

Diego
That looks great... Once in recovery you will get 2 options in factory reset do the one that says going to install new rom... Other than that you look good to go"

Another problem- I had made a Nandroid backup of my apps (Data) from TWRP on Cromi-X but when I tried to bring them back there was one small error (after setting the Backup-Advanced to TWRP mode, since it wouldn't find the backup set) but it would complete. I didn't write the error down. When rebooted, it would never finish booting so I gave that up and figured I would just have to re-download all the apps. That's when I found that the widget tab was missing.

Thanks,
Ken

You did do a full wipe before the first rom flash, and you did install gapps after the OTA??

The widgets is a long hold on the home screen....
6th February 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

You did do a full wipe before the first rom flash, and you did install gapps after the OTA??

The widgets is a long hold on the home screen....

I did the one mentioned as "factory reset do the one that says going to install new rom".

A long press on the home screen... Is that documented somewhere since I didn't expect it there. Yup, there they are, thanks!

On my Nexus 4 phone, 4.4.2, the widgets are as a tab where I have seen them in previous releases of the (standard) OS.

What is the OTA by the way?

Thanks again,
Ken
6th February 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

I did the one mentioned as "factory reset do the one that says going to install new rom".

A long press on the home screen... Is that documented somewhere since I didn't expect it there. Yup, there they are, thanks!

On my Nexus 4 phone, 4.4.2, the widgets are as a tab where I have seen them in previous releases of the (standard) OS.

What is the OTA by the way?

Thanks again,
Ken

Curiously enough, I put Nova Launcher on a bit ago and the Widgets tab showed up where I expected it to be....

Ken
6th February 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

2,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Move
Can we move this to the Q&A Section just for this rom... I just set it up here is a link Q&A Forum Thx lj

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread