Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 nightly and voice dialing over BT

Tip us?

Wayno-san
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default CM11 nightly and voice dialing over BT

I flashed CM11 11-20140131-nightly - spyder last night. So far it's a huge improvement over the stock ROM which got unworkable due to slowness. The one issue I have so far is that I'm not getting any voice prompts when I try to voice dial over my BT headsets. Can anyone confirm if they're having the same issue? Any known work-arounds? I rely on that feature a lot when I'm driving. Much thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wayno-san
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno-san View Post
I flashed CM11 11-20140131-nightly - spyder last night. So far it's a huge improvement over the stock ROM which got unworkable due to slowness. The one issue I have so far is that I'm not getting any voice prompts when I try to voice dial over my BT headsets. Can anyone confirm if they're having the same issue? Any known work-arounds? I rely on that feature a lot when I'm driving. Much thanks.

I ended up running into another problem with CM11... that is, device encryption did not work (simply goes into the encryption screen but nothing happens). For that reason I decided to downgrade back to the latest official release of CM10.2.1 and guess what.... does the same thing there also. I thought encryption is supposed to work fine with TWRP... what gives?

Also, is there a way to get the phone to detect a car dock with CM? I miss having the phone go into car mode automatically when I dock it in my car.

ChungHung.Chen
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno-san View Post

Hi,
I have the same problem here. CM11 20140201 nightly umts_spyder
BT works in call but can't hear any voice prompt from my voice dialer app.
Voice dialer app becomes slow when BT connected.
I can't find any solution for now and app vendor only support official version by HW vendor.
But voice dialer app works flawlessly if BT disconnected.
So it's definitely BT issue, perhaps submit a bug to cm?
BR,
Chung-Hung Chen
== XT910 CM11 ==

Wayno-san
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChungHung.Chen View Post
Hi,
I have the same problem here. CM11 20140201 nightly umts_spyder
BT works in call but can't hear any voice prompt from my voice dialer app.
Voice dialer app becomes slow when BT connected.
I can't find any solution for now and app vendor only support official version by HW vendor.
But voice dialer app works flawlessly if BT disconnected.
So it's definitely BT issue, perhaps submit a bug to cm?
I switched to 10.2 and the prompts work fine on that version; but phone encryption does not work which I need for work so it looks like it's back to stock for me. Bummed.