Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,778 Members 38,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help unlocking I337 not letting me access umts or any service menu

Tip us?

HORiZUN
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Follow the steps to unlock the phone, activate the aws bands, then flash back to stock with odin.

Sent from my Hyperdriven S4
Galaxy S4 | PhilzTouch, Unlocked, CandyKat 1.5.5
Galaxy S2 | PhilzTouch, Unlocked, CandyKat 1.5.5
Transformer Prime | Unlocked, NvFlash, TWRP, CM 11
Nook Tablet | Cyanoboot, TWRP, Rescue SD, CM 11
HP 4540s | Hackintosh, OSX 10.9.3/Windows 8, 1TB, 8GB
iPad 4 Retina | iOS 7.0.4, Jailbroken / Wife's iPhone 5c | Stock
Xbox 360 | LT+FW / PS3 | 4.46 CFW, 1TB / PSP | 6.60 CFW

ahura999
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm on 4.4 and unrooted. My phone has the longest startup time ever. It used to be fast and I haven't done anything out of the ordinary to have probably caused the issue. It boots normally, but then when the att logo appears, it does the little animation but then vibrates once slightly, then usually follows another slight vibrate some seconds later. This usually occurs for about 45 seconds to a minute until my lockscreen appears. I factory reset, and I tried powering off and on right after the reset. It was back to normal. However after I downloaded all my apps again and reinstated my settings, the problem reappeared. Is it simply because of the number of apps I have? I don't remember this happening before the update. I thought it was because I had downloaded and used zooper widget, but I uninstalled that app and tried the booting. It was the same duration (1 minute on att screen)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zee24
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORiZUN View Post
Root, flash mdl modem, access the service menu, and disable network lock. Then restore to stock. The unlock threads are in this section of the forum.

For umts/aws bands, follow the aws guide in this section once you have rooted. Root guides also in this section.

Sent from my Hyperdriven S4
Hey man i want to do this with my s4 m919v variant can i flash that mdl modem on my phone? Would it brick my phone by any chance?

HORiZUN
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by zee24 View Post
Hey man i want to do this with my s4 m919v variant can i flash that mdl modem on my phone? Would it brick my phone by any chance?
Flashing a modem won't brick the phone, but your phone only allows flashing modems through odin. Won't work through recovery.
Galaxy S4 | PhilzTouch, Unlocked, CandyKat 1.5.5
Galaxy S2 | PhilzTouch, Unlocked, CandyKat 1.5.5
Transformer Prime | Unlocked, NvFlash, TWRP, CM 11
Nook Tablet | Cyanoboot, TWRP, Rescue SD, CM 11
HP 4540s | Hackintosh, OSX 10.9.3/Windows 8, 1TB, 8GB
iPad 4 Retina | iOS 7.0.4, Jailbroken / Wife's iPhone 5c | Stock
Xbox 360 | LT+FW / PS3 | 4.46 CFW, 1TB / PSP | 6.60 CFW
The Following User Says Thank You to HORiZUN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zee24
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORiZUN View Post
Flashing a modem won't brick the phone, but your phone only allows flashing modems through odin. Won't work through recovery.
Hey thanks man perfect so I'll flash different modems and see if they work once I find my original one or if I can take mine out of my phone somehow that would be great dunno how though