XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Latest Manufacturing Date?

Tip us?

makoi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Latest Manufacturing Date?

Just wondering if there are devices with a manufacturing date past October 2013 as the 2 I've bought (and returned) were both of the same date.

Now I don't mean this to be a another "defects thread"--and the 2 I've returned had defects, indeed (dead pixels, touch issues)--but I do want to know if anyone has had luck with newer ones, if there are any. I really need a tablet, but I just can't go with a non-Nexus one. GPE devices don't apply as I'm in Canada.

Anyone?

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by makoi View Post
Just wondering if there are devices with a manufacturing date past October 2013 as the 2 I've bought (and returned) were both of the same date.

Now I don't mean this to be a another "defects thread"--and the 2 I've returned had defects, indeed (dead pixels, touch issues)--but I do want to know if anyone has had luck with newer ones, if there are any. I really need a tablet, but I just can't go with a non-Nexus one. GPE devices don't apply as I'm in Canada.

Anyone?
I've seen 3 from July, one had the touchscreen issues and had to be returned. The new one is also July, working fine. I don't think manufacturing date matters so much as blind luck. Really terrible QA.

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Steven How
Old
Thanks Meter 58
How to know my device manufacture date?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app