Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 38,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP!!! Phone stuck on odin mode

Tip us?

Jezdan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HELP!!! Phone stuck on odin mode

So I recently bought a galaxy s3 from a friend and tried rooting it today, but something went horribly wrong and it won't work.
It tells me "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again." I have tried doing that and I can not get it to work. The phone won't even connect to Kies... HELP

This is what it says at the top of the screen.

ODIN Mode
Product name: SPH-L710
Custom Binary Download: Yes (1 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
Dualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Warranty Bit: 0
Bootloader RP SWREV: 1

PLEASE HELP SOON!!!

lorrdvader
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Root/Recovery via ODIN stuck at recovery.img push

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezdan View Post
So I recently bought a galaxy s3 from a friend and tried rooting it today, but something went horribly wrong and it won't work.
It tells me "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again." I have tried doing that and I can not get it to work. The phone won't even connect to Kies... HELP

This is what it says at the top of the screen.

ODIN Mode
Custom Binary Download: Yes (1 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
Dualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Warranty Bit: 0
Bootloader RP SWREV: 1

PLEASE HELP SOON!!!
Bump!
I am using the GS3 Toolkit v7.5.1 on a Sprint SPH-L710 totally stock untouched ROM.
I kinda made an alteration by adding the TWRP Recovery v2.6.3.1 for this Sprint GS3 variant, and renamed it to the TWRP recovery included with the Toolkit i.e. TWRP 2.5.0.0
Now while going through the Root/Recovery (ALLINONE) option, when Odin comes up, it sends the boot.img fine, but is now stuck on sending down recovery.img.
But I don't know enough about Odin or the GS3, to know if I can just shut down Odin, and it'll trigger the phone to reboot and I can not be sneaky, replace the original recovery, and try again?
This is what my phone says on the "Downloading..." screen
Code:
ODIN Mode
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: SAMSUNG Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: ENABLE
Can I shut down Odin, and manually reboot the phone to the Download mode, and repeat the process?
PLEASE Help!