[APP] QLight plugin for QSlide Apps. Toggle the flashlight from QSlide Apps

Search This thread

doink123

Sep 4, 2010
Hey guys,
Several days ago LG released an SDK for QSlide Apps, which allows 3rd party developers to integrate their apps with QSlide. I've decided to create a QLight plugin, which integrates Tiny Flashlight with QSlide Apps. The result: now you can start the flashlight directly from your notifications screen. Please note that this functionality requires both the QLight app and Tiny Flashlight v5.0 (currently in beta).

Android 4.2+
More info here: https://plus.google.com/110628468453341475793/posts/f8XqPDSffj2
You can get the files from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560625 You need both qlight.apk and tf_beta.apk.

Android 4.1
QSlide on Android 4.1 does not support 3rd party apps. The only way to use QLight is to mask it as an LG application. There are 7 LG apps, which support QSlide, but only several of them are installed on every device. This gives us a chance to use LG's identifiers and install QLight as an LG app...
  • Try to install one of the 2 files attached at the end of this post. Only one is required. If both files fail to install that means your ROM has all LG QSlide apps already installed and there is nothing we can do.
  • You have to install Tiny Flashlight v5.0 ( tf_beta.apk ). Get it from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560625
  • Reboot your device

If everything is OK you will see the QLight shortcut in the QSlide section in your notification window.
Drawbacks: The icon can not be changed and will be LG's default icon for the given application.

qs.png

Attachments

• qlight_pa.apk
    126 KB · Views: 1,193
  • qlight_tdmb.apk
    126 KB · Views: 848
Last edited:

mopo01

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago
Hey guys,
Several days ago LG released an SDK for QSlide Apps, which allows 3rd party developers to integrate their apps with QSlide. I've decided to create a QLight plugin, which integrates Tiny Flashlight with QSlide Apps. The result: now you can start the flashlight directly from your notifications screen. Please note that this functionality requires both the QLight app and Tiny Flashlight v5.0 (currently in beta).

Also, you can get the files from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560625

qs.png

looks nice. will this work on the lg optimus or do we need the qslide from lg2?
are you going to do any other apps for qslide?

doink123

Sep 4, 2010

The only requirement is Android 4.2, but this may work on earlier versions. LG mention in the docs that the floating windows part of the SDK require Android 4.2, but they don't say anything about the QSlide shortcuts. If anyone wants to test I can compile an APK, which requires an earlier version of Android.

As for other apps - my company's alarm clock app was updated today to support Samsung's multi window implementation and probably it will be updated to support LG's QSlide floating windows too.

Last edited:
Reactions: mopo01

mopo01

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago
The only requirement is Android 4.2, but this may work on earlier versions. LG mention in the docs that the floating windows part of the SDK require Android 4.2, but they don't say anything about the QSlide shortcuts. If anyone wants to test I can compile an APK, which requires an earlier version of Android.

As for other apps - my company's alarm clock app was updated today to support Samsung's multi window implementation and probably it will be updated to support LG's QSlide floating windows too.

:eek: so this will not work on stock.

I did try using this but I get a message about not able to parse package which I assume is because stock is 4.1.2 :(

I would be willing to test if you build

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

doink123

Sep 4, 2010

I did try using this but I get a message about not able to parse package which I assume is because stock is 4.1.2 :(

OK I've attached a version for Android 4.0+ in this post. If everything is OK you should see the QLight shortcut icon in the QSlide apps section.

Attachments

• qlight.apk
    202.3 KB · Views: 217

mopo01

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago
OK I've attached a version for Android 4.0+ in this post. If everything is OK you should see the QLight shortcut icon in the QSlide apps section.

Thanks for trying... While it did install it does not show in the q slide bar and is not in the edit menu :( might need the lg2 q slide (was hoping someone would port the lg2 stock for us....) which has more apps for starters. I only got the 4 basic apps calc messaging memo and videos the browser icon is there but only brings up a full browser

doink123

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks for trying... While it did install it does not show in the q slide bar and is not in the edit menu :( might need the lg2 q slide (was hoping someone would port the lg2 stock for us....) which has more apps for starters. I only got the 4 basic apps calc messaging memo and videos the browser icon is there but only brings up a full browser

I still might be able to hack it. I'll purchase the Optimus G, so I can test.

doink123

Sep 4, 2010

OK, got the device and found a way how to hack it. I've updated the first post with instructions for Android 4.1

Reactions: nchc and mopo01

mopo01

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago
OK, got the device and found a way how to hack it. I've updated the first post with instructions for Android 4.1

That actually worked.

Not sure what you did but you did good.

If you could maybe the extra apps on the lg g2 (phone, messaging, browser the lg g browser opens but not as a floating vanishing window) can be hacked to work on the lg g 4.1 :cool: those would be great

doink123

Sep 4, 2010
That actually worked.

Not sure what you did but you did good.

If you could maybe the extra apps on the lg g2 (phone, messaging, browser the lg g browser opens but not as a floating vanishing window) can be hacked to work on the lg g 4.1 :cool: those would be great

Unfortunately, it's not possible.

BadFish79

May 4, 2012
The Desert
This looks like a great addition. However, I don't have Qslide on my phone. Haven't tried installing it.
Thanks for doing this though. We need more things like this.

Sent from my phone.

Loota

Mar 11, 2012
8 lg qslide apps

Thanks for this app.. It's nice to see that new dev kit put to use :)

There are 7 LG apps, which support QSlide, but only several of them are installed on every device. This gives us a chance to use LG's identifiers and install QLight as an LG app...

FYI I have 8 stock lg qslide apps on my lg g2..

Videos, phone, calendar, email, memo, voice mate, file manager and calculator. If you're missing one lemme know which one and I'll pull it for you if you want another lg identifier..

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Thanks for this. Nice work on TF in general, been using it for years!
Is there a way to add an option to leave the notification pulldown open (down) after toggling the light via Qslide? *Edit- Or a floating window would be cool!

Thanks for this app.. It's nice to see that
new dev kit put to use :)

FYI I have 8 stock lg qslide apps on my lg g2..

Videos, phone, calendar, email, memo, voice mate, file manager and calculator. If you're missing one lemme know which one and I'll pull it for you if you want another lg identifier..

I am on a G2 using a Flex hybrid rom & I too have 8 stock Qslide apps but instead of quick memo and voice mate (which are in toggles and swipe-up on home key) I have "internet" (that does open a new window) and messaging.

Last edited:

doink123

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks for this. Nice work on TF in general, been using it for years!
Is there a way to add an option to leave the notification pulldown open (down) after toggling the light via Qslide? *Edit- Or a floating window would be cool!

I am on a G2 using a Flex hybrid rom & I too have 8 stock Qslide apps but instead of quick memo and voice mate (which are in toggles and swipe-up on home key) I have "internet" (that does open a new window) and messaging.

The notification pulldown is out of my control. Opening a floating window is possible on Android 4.2+. I'm adding it to my TODO list.

Reactions: AyDee

tomislav177

Aug 24, 2010
I have installee both app but only one is visible in app manager and I can uninstall it. second one when I install it says that it is installed bit in app manager I cannot see it and cannot uninstall it. Is this behaviour ok? I am on stock unrooted.
Thx

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Android 4.2+
    You can get the files from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560625 You need both qlight.apk and tf_beta.apk.

Android 4.1
    QSlide on Android 4.1 does not support 3rd party apps. The only way to use QLight is to mask it as an LG application. There are 7 LG apps, which support QSlide, but only several of them are installed on every device. This gives us a chance to use LG's identifiers and install QLight as an LG app...
    • Try to install one of the 2 files attached at the end of this post. Only one is required. If both files fail to install that means your ROM has all LG QSlide apps already installed and there is nothing we can do.
    • You have to install Tiny Flashlight v5.0 ( tf_beta.apk ). Get it from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560625
    • Reboot your device

If everything is OK you will see the QLight shortcut in the QSlide section in your notification window.
    Drawbacks: The icon can not be changed and will be LG's default icon for the given application.

qs.png

I still might be able to hack it. I'll purchase the Optimus G, so I can test.