Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bootable recovery SD card needed

Tip us?

Magilvia
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default bootable recovery SD card needed

I'm searching for a bootable SD image for i9070 but I'm unable to find one. I need it to try to fix a bricked phone.
Does anyone have a link to one or perhaps is skilled enough to prepare one ?
Thanks!!

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilvia View Post
I'm searching for a bootable SD image for i9070 but I'm unable to find one. I need it to try to fix a bricked phone.
Does anyone have a link to one or perhaps is skilled enough to prepare one ?
Thanks!!
I never heard that we have such thing. But anyway what happen? Can you go to download mode? If you can than just flash stock firmware.

Magilvia
Old
(Last edited by Magilvia; 5th February 2014 at 02:30 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
I never heard that we have such thing. But anyway what happen? Can you go to download mode? If you can than just flash stock firmware.
No I can't, it doesn't boot in any way. Something goes wrong after flashing a cyano beta. I didn't do the flash myself.
I know it's possible to create a bootable sd from a working device or rom image. Actually I already used one for a different device.
Here are the instructions. Tryed it but I'm not skilled enough...

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,326
Quote:
No I can't, it doesn't boot in any way. Something goes wrong after flashing a cyano beta. I didn't do the flash myself.
I know it's possible to create a bootable sd from a working device or rom image. Actually I already used one for a different device.
Here are the instructions. Tryed it but I'm not skilled enough...
Flashing Cyanogen MOD for our device can't make your phone not booting in Download mode. If you flashed wrong firmware, you could demage your motherboard and there is no solution for that I think...

What CM beta did you use?

P.S. And how do you think to use it if you can't power on the phone?

Magilvia
Old
(Last edited by Magilvia; 5th February 2014 at 03:10 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Flashing Cyanogen MOD for our device can't make your phone not booting in Download mode. If you flashed wrong firmware, you could demage your motherboard and there is no solution for that I think...

What CM beta did you use?

P.S. And how do you think to use it if you can't power on the phone?
Don't know which version, if it's important I could ask.
I know it could be damaged the motherboard, but I think there's a possibility that it's just corrupted the bootable partition. In that case, inserting a bootable sd could recover the phone. Here has been done with an S3

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,326
Quote:
Don't know which version, if it's important I could ask.
I know it could be damaged the motherboard, but I think there's a possibility that it's just corrupted the bootable partition. In that case, inserting a bootable sd could recover the phone. Here has been done with an S3
It is not important what version, it is important if it was for our device or not.

Another question, is your phone dead or you get stuck on Samsung logo when you try to power it on. I think that sd boot does not mean anything if you can't power on your phone... As I saw, to do this you need adb shell access.

Magilvia
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It is not important what version, it is important if it was for our device or not.

Another question, is your phone dead or you get stuck on Samsung logo when you try to power it on. I think that sd boot does not mean anything if you can't power on your phone... As I saw, to do this you need adb shell access.
Totally dead. No adb access. Nevertheless I would like to try.

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,326
Quote:
Totally dead. No adb access. Nevertheless I would like to try.
Sorry, I do not want to get you demotivated. But think, how would you get that command executed?

Magilvia
Old
(Last edited by Magilvia; 6th February 2014 at 12:30 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Here says:
3. After it's done writing the img, take out your SD card and put it into your phone. With the battery in the phone, insert the SD card, plug the phone into your machine, and try to boot to DL mode via the usual method. This WILL take several tries and possibly rewriting the img file to SD card again to work.

I know it's a very remote possibility...