Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

bootable recovery SD card needed

OP Magilvia

5th February 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
I'm searching for a bootable SD image for i9070 but I'm unable to find one. I need it to try to fix a bricked phone.
Does anyone have a link to one or perhaps is skilled enough to prepare one ?
Thanks!!
5th February 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,432

7,557 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilvia

I'm searching for a bootable SD image for i9070 but I'm unable to find one. I need it to try to fix a bricked phone.
Does anyone have a link to one or perhaps is skilled enough to prepare one ?
Thanks!!

I never heard that we have such thing. But anyway what happen? Can you go to download mode? If you can than just flash stock firmware.
5th February 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

I never heard that we have such thing. But anyway what happen? Can you go to download mode? If you can than just flash stock firmware.

No I can't, it doesn't boot in any way. Something goes wrong after flashing a cyano beta. I didn't do the flash myself.
I know it's possible to create a bootable sd from a working device or rom image. Actually I already used one for a different device.
Here are the instructions. Tryed it but I'm not skilled enough...
Last edited by Magilvia; 5th February 2014 at 02:30 PM.
5th February 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Belgrade

7,557 posts
More
Quote:

No I can't, it doesn't boot in any way. Something goes wrong after flashing a cyano beta. I didn't do the flash myself.
I know it's possible to create a bootable sd from a working device or rom image. Actually I already used one for a different device.
Here are the instructions. Tryed it but I'm not skilled enough...

Flashing Cyanogen MOD for our device can't make your phone not booting in Download mode. If you flashed wrong firmware, you could demage your motherboard and there is no solution for that I think...

What CM beta did you use?

P.S. And how do you think to use it if you can't power on the phone?
5th February 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:

Flashing Cyanogen MOD for our device can't make your phone not booting in Download mode. If you flashed wrong firmware, you could demage your motherboard and there is no solution for that I think...

What CM beta did you use?

P.S. And how do you think to use it if you can't power on the phone?

Don't know which version, if it's important I could ask.
I know it could be damaged the motherboard, but I think there's a possibility that it's just corrupted the bootable partition. In that case, inserting a bootable sd could recover the phone. Here has been done with an S3
Last edited by Magilvia; 5th February 2014 at 03:10 PM.
5th February 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #6  
Flag Belgrade

7,557 posts
More
Quote:

Don't know which version, if it's important I could ask.
I know it could be damaged the motherboard, but I think there's a possibility that it's just corrupted the bootable partition. In that case, inserting a bootable sd could recover the phone. Here has been done with an S3

It is not important what version, it is important if it was for our device or not.

Another question, is your phone dead or you get stuck on Samsung logo when you try to power it on. I think that sd boot does not mean anything if you can't power on your phone... As I saw, to do this you need adb shell access.
5th February 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:

It is not important what version, it is important if it was for our device or not.

Another question, is your phone dead or you get stuck on Samsung logo when you try to power it on. I think that sd boot does not mean anything if you can't power on your phone... As I saw, to do this you need adb shell access.

Totally dead. No adb access. Nevertheless I would like to try.
5th February 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #8  
Flag Belgrade

7,557 posts
More
Quote:

Totally dead. No adb access. Nevertheless I would like to try.

Sorry, I do not want to get you demotivated. But think, how would you get that command executed?
6th February 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

38 posts
Here says:
3. After it's done writing the img, take out your SD card and put it into your phone. With the battery in the phone, insert the SD card, plug the phone into your machine, and try to boot to DL mode via the usual method. This WILL take several tries and possibly rewriting the img file to SD card again to work.

I know it's a very remote possibility...
Last edited by Magilvia; 6th February 2014 at 12:30 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread