[Q] Just two questions!

Tip us?

ratibars
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Just two questions!

Finally got my G2...yay!!!

I'm a newbie and so please show mercy! . I have spent hours going through stuff about rooting, ROM, Mods etc (head is slightly spinning! )

1. I want to wait for a few days to make sure everything works ok before rooting. How can I avoid OTA updates during that time? From what I read it seems there could be forced OTA updates if I keep skipping them. Is that true?

2. If I just root and not have any custom recovery or ROM then I can go ahead with OTA updates, correct? I want to be able to install Kitkat when that is available.

Rotondo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratibars View Post
Finally got my G2...yay!!!

I'm a newbie and so please show mercy! . I have spent hours going through stuff about rooting, ROM, Mods etc (head is slightly spinning! )

1. I want to wait for a few days to make sure everything works ok before rooting. How can I avoid OTA updates during that time? From what I read it seems there could be forced OTA updates if I keep skipping them. Is that true?

2. If I just root and not have any custom recovery or ROM then I can go ahead with OTA updates, correct? I want to be able to install Kitkat when that is available.

1 I guess there couldn't force OTA. in my g2, i choose when it update

2. if g2 has with root, you can updtade to kitkat, but you can't update to a little bit update of 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to Rotondo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]