Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery menu not shown on Galaxy S4 (verizon)

Tip us?

newshook
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Recovery menu not shown on Galaxy S4 (verizon)

I just installed the ROM Manager to the newly rooted s4. When I tried to backup the phone, I can't get the backup/restore menu, instead, I think I get into the generic android recovery menu.

What I did was to hold Vol-Up, Home, and Power together, release the Power when the Galaxy flash on the screen. Nothing happened afterward, so I released the other two buttons. I am not getting the backup/restore ....

Like previous adventure (rooting), I might have missed a step or two. Should the ROM Manager take care of getting the CWM?

gnubian
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by newshook View Post
I just installed the ROM Manager to the newly rooted s4. When I tried to backup the phone, I can't get the backup/restore menu, instead, I think I get into the generic android recovery menu.

What I did was to hold Vol-Up, Home, and Power together, release the Power when the Galaxy flash on the screen. Nothing happened afterward, so I released the other two buttons. I am not getting the backup/restore ....

Like previous adventure (rooting), I might have missed a step or two. Should the ROM Manager take care of getting the CWM?
Please tell me you aren't on mk2.

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1539

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

What bootloader revision are you on? Did you read the must read sticky?
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

newshook
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
What bootloader revision are you on? Did you read the must read sticky?
No wonder, I have the MK2. As far as the safestrap is concerned, I hope it can backup the phone as is. Back in Sept last year, there was issue safestrap with galaxy s4, is it resolved?

Thanks very much for your help!

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1405

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No wonder, I have the MK2. As far as the safestrap is concerned, I hope it can backup the phone as is. Back in Sept last year, there was issue safestrap with galaxy s4, is it resolved?

Thanks very much for your help!
Many a S4's have been bricked doing what you're trying to do.
You need to install safestrap... Check out a few stickies and read up my friend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app