Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android x86 on ASUS TX300CA

Tip us?

nimp0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Android x86 on ASUS TX300CA

Hello,

I'm trying to have a fully functional version of android (dual boot) on my asus TX300CA.

This is what i have do :

Windows 8.1 is still on first HD (SSD as GBT).
I have convert the 2nd HD from GBT to MBR, and installed an android x86 with grub.

To boot on android, i just have to change boot priority in BIOS, it launch GRUB, and android start.
I know this is not the most proper way, but it is the easiest for me. (i'm not familiar with linux)

my problem :

If i install "android_x86-4.3-BWiFi-20131024.iso", everything work fine, but i don't have the gapps installed. I can connect via adb through Wifi from another computer, and doing the following command "adb -s 192.168.1.82:5555 push gapps ./system"
But the result is something like "failed to copy gapps/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script ... folder or file don't exist blablabla.. "
This error make me think i cannot write on the system folder of the ASUS TX300CA ... because it found /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script and try to copy it, the error come after.

So, first question is, Is there another way for adding the gapps to my x86 android 4.3 ?
And, to be sure, where should i have to put my gapps folder on the remote PC that run adb ?

and, another of my try was to install "android_x86-4.2.2-engBWiFi-20130620.iso", in this case, everything work fine, with gapps, except the Wifi ... very poor signal and it don't want to connect correctly ... seem to be a know issue with kernel 3.8.

So ... is there a way to fix that ?

For sure, the ideal way will be to find an iso with gapps already installed, and a working Wifi ... but it look like something not possible !

Thanks very much for any idea, or hepl

nimp0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
this is the error :

C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>adb connect 192.168.1.82
connected to 192.168.1.82:5555

C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
192.168.1.82:5555 device

C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>adb push gapps ./system
push: gapps/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script -> ./system/META-INF/com/
google/android/updater-script
failed to copy 'gapps/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script' to './system/M
ETA-INF/com/google/android/updater-script': No such file or directory

nimp0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nobody can help ?

Thanks