Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

Visually Laggy Notification Center?

OP EpicMango

5th February 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

178 posts
I've been on 4.4.2 for a little bit now....but around 2 weeks ago I started randomely experiencing notification center lag. It happens with all notifications. I experienced this on DanVH's 4.4.2 ROM. I decided I just needed to flash his latest which I did and the problem persisted...

I assumed that it was his ROM that was at fault so I went ahead and flashed KangaKat 4.4.2 and the problem is STILL persistent...

Which is wierd because I used to be on the SAME exact build of KangaKat BEFORE I ever flashed Dans 4.4.2 and I never experienced this lag of any sort...and nobody else seems to have the problem I do...

I'm thinking it has something to do with my device. Any ideas you guys have? I really hate having the lag, especially now since GoldenEye has a lag free notification....its just really unattractive. Is there a way I could possibaly wipe my phone during flashing to maybe get rid of some reminants of something left behind??? helppp
5th February 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,555

10,299 posts
It's probably app related. Are there any apps you installed around the time you started noticing the problem?
5th February 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

178 posts
I've noticed it happens with Gmail Skype and Kik sometimes....

Those are the 3 apps I use the most. Sometimes (like 5 minutes ago) it was laggy with Gmail and Skype. Sometimes its Kik and Skype

Sometimes its just kik itself..
5th February 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,555

10,299 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMango

I've noticed it happens with Gmail Skype and Kik sometimes....

Those are the 3 apps I use the most. Sometimes (like 5 minutes ago) it was laggy with Gmail and Skype. Sometimes its Kik and Skype

Sometimes its just kik itself..

You can try clearing the cache in this and see if it helps.
5th February 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

178 posts
Just did that....

Got a laggy Skype notification...
6th February 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 45

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMango

Just did that....

Got a laggy Skype notification...

Surprisingly, I've experienced this lag on all types of ROMs (stock, GPE, AOSP), and still don't know why it happens. If it starts bothering me (and it does at some point), I just do a soft reboot. It might have something to do with Dalvik. Maybe this will be fixed if you have ART working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread