5,606,530 Members 33,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Visually Laggy Notification Center?

Tip us?

EpicMango
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Visually Laggy Notification Center?

I've been on 4.4.2 for a little bit now....but around 2 weeks ago I started randomely experiencing notification center lag. It happens with all notifications. I experienced this on DanVH's 4.4.2 ROM. I decided I just needed to flash his latest which I did and the problem persisted...

I assumed that it was his ROM that was at fault so I went ahead and flashed KangaKat 4.4.2 and the problem is STILL persistent...

Which is wierd because I used to be on the SAME exact build of KangaKat BEFORE I ever flashed Dans 4.4.2 and I never experienced this lag of any sort...and nobody else seems to have the problem I do...

I'm thinking it has something to do with my device. Any ideas you guys have? I really hate having the lag, especially now since GoldenEye has a lag free notification....its just really unattractive. Is there a way I could possibaly wipe my phone during flashing to maybe get rid of some reminants of something left behind??? helppp

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2279
It's probably app related. Are there any apps you installed around the time you started noticing the problem?

EpicMango
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
I've noticed it happens with Gmail Skype and Kik sometimes....

Those are the 3 apps I use the most. Sometimes (like 5 minutes ago) it was laggy with Gmail and Skype. Sometimes its Kik and Skype

Sometimes its just kik itself..

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2279
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMango View Post
I've noticed it happens with Gmail Skype and Kik sometimes....

Those are the 3 apps I use the most. Sometimes (like 5 minutes ago) it was laggy with Gmail and Skype. Sometimes its Kik and Skype

Sometimes its just kik itself..
You can try clearing the cache in this and see if it helps.

EpicMango
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Just did that....

Got a laggy Skype notification...

MrKhozam
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMango View Post
Just did that....

Got a laggy Skype notification...
Surprisingly, I've experienced this lag on all types of ROMs (stock, GPE, AOSP), and still don't know why it happens. If it starts bothering me (and it does at some point), I just do a soft reboot. It might have something to do with Dalvik. Maybe this will be fixed if you have ART working.
Phone: Bell Galaxy S4 i337M [Locked, Rooted]
ROM: GOLDENEYE27 XXUFNC5
Kernel: Adam
Modem: NC1

Phone: T-Mobile Galaxy S3 T999 [Unlocked, Rooted]
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.0.0
Kernel: Stock CM
Modem: MD5

On a Touchwiz ROM and hate Samsung's Settings app layout? Wanna have it in list format like on AOSP? Check out this simple tweak.