XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can it be saved?

Tip us?

mendozer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] can it be saved?

my S3 cracked upon dropping, or being thrown, one or the other.

cracked screen, no display...so i was thinking screen and LCD are gone.

When hooked up with USB (once I bent the usb port back open) nothing pops up on the computer. my PC recognizes that the samsung IGH-I747 is there, but no phone or SD folders show up like before.

Is it something more than the screen now? furthermore, is it fixable?

I love this phone and since I'm not eligible for an upgrade, I REALLY love this phone and want to fix it

LuffyxBomber
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendozer View Post
my S3 cracked upon dropping, or being thrown, one or the other.

cracked screen, no display...so i was thinking screen and LCD are gone.

When hooked up with USB (once I bent the usb port back open) nothing pops up on the computer. my PC recognizes that the samsung IGH-I747 is there, but no phone or SD folders show up like before.

Is it something more than the screen now? furthermore, is it fixable?

I love this phone and since I'm not eligible for an upgrade, I REALLY love this phone and want to fix it
I'm assuming you've had it for over a year and you're not covered by a manufacturer's warranty? I know for sure that the screen is fixable but I'm not sure if the internals of your phone are. Try calling your provider about it.

mendozer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yesterday i activated my old phone so i could use something. guy at AT&T said if nothing pops up on the computer somethings wrong inside, but he didn't know. I doubt they'd offer much info on how to save my phone since they always try selling me on the next thing